508-511

Chapter 508: Nanli Is In Trouble, And Fu Zhi Flies Into A Rage

Fu Zhi took a look at the clock, and it was already 7:00 pm. However, Li Nanli had not called her yet, and she was worried about him.

Very soon, the game finished loading.

Fu Zi thought for a moment and decided to call Li Nanli, but he did not answer her call.

The official voice of the female customer service came out clearly through the loudspeaker, “The number you have dialed is switched off. Please try again later …”

‘This is strange.’

Li Nanli had never switched off his phone, and no matter how busy he was, he would always pick up her phone.

She became even more worried. After a short while, she tried to call him again but to no avail.

Inside the game, her teammates were shouting and screaming at her.

“Holy, Li Wan, where the hell are you?”

“Don’t you know that you will be punished by God for remaining inactive in a game?”

“Is your boyfriend on the other side? Why are you not moving?”

“Are you a monster, Li Wan? This is a group fight, but you don’t want to help?”

Annoyed, Fu Zhi moved her mouse and exited the game, stunning her other four teammates.

“The hell? Did she just exit the game?”

“Don’t ask me to play games with you again!”

Fu Zhi was not in the right mood to care about her four teammates that she abandoned.

She could not get through to Li Nanli and she did not have a good feeling about it. She rummaged through her contact list in WeChat, trying to look for Jiang Jinshu’s contact but she could not find it.

Then, she had just added Gu Yanqi on WeChat the last time they had a meal together, and she recalled that Gu Yanqi went to the banquet with Li Nanli.

She sent a voice message to Gu Yanqi.

One second… One minute… Ten minutes…

Ten minutes had passed yet Gu Yanqi did not reply to her as well.

Leaving with no other alternatives, Fu Zhi called Gu Yanqi.

A melodious tune wafted into her ears, and it took roughly three minutes before the call was picked up.

“Gu—”

Before FU Zhi could say anything, a loud rumble came from the other side and a large area of abandoned houses collapsed in a heap, driving sparks and flames high into the night sky. The wind howled and whistled like a giant beast, while the screams and cries of people turned into nothingness after being swept away by the storm.

The sharp pain when a bullet entered Gu Yanqi’s body caused him to moaned in agony. Then, Fu Zhi heard someone roaring angrily, “Run! Young Master Gu! Run forward! Don’t look back!”

“This bunch of b*st*rd!”

“Team One, check your ammo and make sure everyone is there! Fall back! Everyone falls back!”

“Someone go get President Li!”

“Boom!”

Another explosion came, followed by Gu Yanqi’s ragged panting and oppressive cries of pain.