387-390

Chapter 387: Ye Jiu VS Lu Yumo

Fu Zhi and Ye Jiu returned to No.1 High School in the afternoon.

Although Ye Jiu was a tad older, before he joined the school, Ye Qi had donated two million to beautify the facilities.

Director Liu instantly said that No. 1 High School would always welcome anyone who wanted to expand their knowledge, even if Ye Jiu was five years older than the rest of the students.

Fu Zhi first took Ye Jiu to say hello to Ma Mingquan, as Ye Jiu was going to join his class.

After running Ye Jiu through everything he needed to know about the school, Ma Mingquan reassured him. “Don’t get nervous when you’re in class. All of them are good kids, and since your sister is their leader, nobody will dare to look down on you because of your age. Besides...”

He paused for a moment before adding, “You didn’t go to school because of your family issues, but look at Lu Yumo. He’s failed his exam many times and he’s still very proud of himself.”

Lu Yumo, who was currently being scolded by his teacher in the office, was stunned.

‘Did I ever feel proud of myself? How can you lie through your teeth?’

However, that did not matter anymore. Lu Yumo then told Ma Mingquan, reassuring him, “I will certainly score better than him in the final exam!”

Lu Yumo had heard the sad story that Ye Jiu had made up.

He had said that he had been forced into child labor at eight years old and had never gone to school before.

Even though Lu Yumo had failed his exams, he was not an idiot.

Ye Jiu looked at Lu Yumo as if he was looking at a clown. Then, he said, “You want to compare grades with me?”

“Yes. In case someone says I’m bullying you, let’s...”

“Sounds good to me.” Ye Jiu squinted his eyes. “However, if I score better than you, you’ll have to be my slave. You will need to bring me tea and fetch me water whenever I want, and you won’t say no to me.”

Fu Zhi tugged at Lu Yumo’s sleeve and shook her head to ask him to back off, but Lu Yumo paid her no mind.

He could see that victory was waving at him, and he was not happy with Fu Zhi for not standing on his side. “How can you be so protective of him? Do you really think that I will lose to him as well?”

Fu Zhi said, “I’m doing this for your sake.”

It was true that Ye Jiu had never attended school, but that did not mean that he had never received an education before.

Besides, Fu Zhi swore that she was not exaggerating things, but if there was a person in this world that could guess all the answers correctly, that was Ye Jiu.

“If you’re doing it for my sake, then you should support me!”

Lu Yumo flung Fu Zhi’s hand away, looked at Ye Jiu, and said, “It’s a deal then! If you’re a man, then man up and stand up for yourself. Don’t always rely on Zhizhi to help you!”

Ye Jiu nodded and said, “Okay, brother.”

Fu Zhi did not know what to say anymore.

Ma Mingquan sent Ye Jiu back to Class 21 first. Fu Zhi stayed behind and discussed with him Ye Jiu’s learning status.

Qian Wenrui was in the office as well. She perked her ears up and focused on their conversation.

She had lost a few good students, and Lu Yubai was her final hope. Then, she heard Fu Zhi say, “Well, I can’t say he’s very good at studying. He’s academically mediocre and he has a bad temper. If he does something wrong in the future, you can talk to me and treat me as his mother.”