H&M boo

My big brother and I are playing Fortnite right now. No, he didn't ask me; I asked him. It's a good game, okay?

"Kai, move!" I shout at my brother, "you keep stealing my kills, bro!"

He laughs at my frustration.

A knock hits my bedroom door, "who is it?" I shout while not taking my eyes off of the tv.

"It's us!" my brother's friends. Sully, Tavon and Gage.

"I'm busy, come back later!" I shout back in response.

"Dammit, Kia; stop it!"

"You took mine first!" I mush him in the back of his head.

The three of his friends pile in and sit behind me on my bed. Oh, no they didn't.

"I know you didn't just let a four-year old knock you, Kai." Tavon laughs.

"And I know you three dirty roaches didn't just sit on my bed in those outside clothes."

The large dip behind me gets relieved as they stand up.

"Let's hang out today." Sully says.

Sully is my brother's day one and the guy I kind of like. He won't get with me though because of Kai. Pathetic reason if you ask me.

"I can't. I'm going out after this game." I say.

"What? Says who? With who?" Kai gets up.

"Move, I can't see." I try to look around his body to see the tv.

"No, fuck that game." he turns my PlayStation off.

"Are you being serious right now? There was one person left! That would've made my one hundredth crowned win, dickhead!"

"Guess what? I don't care," he smiles, "now who in the hell told you, you could go out?"

"Myself. I'm twenty, Kai. I don't need my big brother on my tail all the damn time." I stand up and put my controller onto the charger.

"Kia, you know why I'm always with you. Ma and Pops have enemies everywhere; and now, I do too. It's necessary for someone to be with you at all times."

"I don't want someone with me at all times, Kai. I just want to live a peaceful life. I didn't ask for this shit! If something happens to me, then so be it; I don't care. I'd rather die freely than with you on my ass."

"Don't say that shit ever again. Pops is already locked up; you and me are all Ma has. Stop being selfish and accept the fact that you have people that care about you. I'm going. End of discussion." Kai turns around to walk out but I blurt,

"I'm not going anymore. I don't want to." I plop down on my bed.

I'm going to sneak out.

"That's fine with me. We're leaving though." as they walk out, I give them the middle finger.

As soon as my door shuts, I rush to my closet. I slip on a cream white sundress with sunflowers on them, my new Jordans and a shoulder purse. I check my mirror to make sure I look good; and I do. 

——

I let ten minutes go by before I finally get up and leave out.

"Where are you going?" my mother asks as I start to open the door.

"Out with my friends." I respond.

"Why didn't you go with your brother?"

"Because I don't want him all up on me. I'm going to go hang out with my friends. Which is of no concern to him."