A phone call from Jaylin

I open my eyes and Geo's  holding me, but still sleep. I try to wiggle out of his arms and it actually worked this time.

I stand up and go into the bathroom: I shower, brush my teeth and wash my face. When I come out of the bathroom, I notice a bunch of suitcases, filled with our clothes. I open the bag in the corner and it's mine; my favorite set is in here. It's my black silk shorts, a black tank and a black robe. The robe is kind of see-through, and it's a little short. It comes to right above my knee, and at the end of them, there's black pompoms. It's so cute, I love it.

I take the set out of the bag and get dressed (yes, underclothes too) and then I walk out of the room. Geo stayed sleep the whole time.

When I walk into the kitchen, Sully's cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, Jake." I say as I take a seat on the stool. He won't even understand what I'm talking about.

"Ah, like Jake Sully from Avatar, huh?" he laughs.

Or maybe he will.

"I didn't think you were gonna get that," I laugh.

"I hear it everyday from everybody, Key. Of course I knew." he laughs with me as he removes a pancake off of the spatula.

"Need help?" I ask.

"I'm trying to cook food for nine people, Kia. What do you think?"

"Don't get smart with me, I stand up and walk around to the kitchen and take the batter from him."I got the pancakes, start on the bacon and sausage. Don't forget that daddy can't eat pork so he needs turkey bacon."

"I know, girl. How many breakfasts have I had at your house already? I've known y'all my whole life. I was there when your mother brought you home from the damn hospital." he says.

He's not lying...

I put the butter in the pan, but I get distracted because I hear Sully say, "damn, I don't think I have turkey bacon."

I turn my head around, hand still on the handle, "he can have the sausage. It's vegan, right?"

"I don't even see that," he says while scouting.

Without completely letting go of the handle, I start walking towards him. The pan tips forward and the butter splashed on me.

"Fuck!" I shout while shaking my hand. Damn, that shit hurts so bad.

"Key, what happened?" Sully asks as he grabs my hand.

"The butter splashed on me. Shit," I say.

"Here," he pulls a stick of butter from out of the fridge and wipes my wound with it. "You just can't catch a break, huh?" he laughs.

"Guess not." I grin.

He walks over to the cabinet and pulls out two boxes of bandaids.

"Which ones?" he asks.

One is the regular ones, and the other is The Princess and The Frog.

"I'm sure you know which one, Sully." I squint.

He puts the regular ones back. He opens the box and hands me a bandaid. He's respecting the boundaries I set because if he wasn't, he would've put it on for me. I really appreciate it.

"Thank you, Sully. For the first aid and respecting the boundaries." I say.

"No problem, Key. Can you still flip those pancakes?" he questions.

"Yup." I respond.

"Hey, y'all can come eat!" Sully shouts.

Geo comes down the steps first, and when he does, he looks different. His stubble and mustache are gone.