Confessions and surpises

Everyone's here right now, trying to support Geo. Tonight's the night he 'confesses' to Jaylin. I can't wait for it to be over. I mentally can't stand the thought of him talking to this girl but I know what it's for.

"Alright, I'm ready." Geo walks down the steps.

He looks so good, and all I can think about is the fact that he's wearing this for another girl.

"Damn." I whisper under my breath. My eyes must've saddened a bit because Geo walks over to me and places a hand on my jaw,

"I'll be back as soon as I can, alright?" he says.

"I know," I respond.

"Aye, to make it believable, you need to give her a kis-" Kai begins but I shut that down fast,

"Hell no. He already agreed to fuck with her and make her think that she was in a real relationship with him, now you want him to kiss her? Fuck no." I say aggressively.

"Kia, it's just a small peck, stop being dramatic." Kai says.

Oh, hell no.

"Dramatic? Dramatic?! Geo is my boyfriend, not hers. He already went along with your stupid ass plan to make her "fall in love" with him. He's about to confess his "undying love" for her, and you want him to kiss her too? Hell no." I protest.

"Yeah, I agree. I don't want to kiss her either, if I'm being honest." Geo agrees.

"How are we going to avenge Ma if-"

"Kai, shut the fuck up about her!" I shout. I understand that he loved her, I get that. But that's all he talks about as if she wasn't a mass manipulator.

"She's all you talk about. She's all you worry about and I'm deadass tired of it. I get that you loved her. I get that she was the loving mother you've grown to love, but she treated me like shit. Yet I still allowed my boyfriend to help avenge her ass. Him playing with her heart and going on dates with her is one thing, but a kiss is out of this world. You have me all the way fucked up if you think I'm going to let that shit happen." I say.

He sighs deeply, "fine."

"Okay, I'll be back, princess." Geo leans down for a kiss and I block it so I can speak,

"If you kiss her, I'll kill you. Got it?" I say.

"Yes, ma'am." he nods. I nod too and kiss him back. He leaves out and we all take seats to wait for an update.

____

About and hour has passed and Kai hasn't moved yet.

"Kai." I call. He turns to me and answers,

"Yeah?"

"Come here."

He stands up and walks over to me at the counter and takes a seat on the stool next to mine, "you know I love you, right?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't mean to spaz on you earlier, man, but you can see where I'm coming from, right?" I say.

"Yeah, I get you. Sorry for trying to intr-"

"Aye, we got the cameras up." Sully says from the couch.

Kai and I rush over to see Geo and Jaylin. Everything starts out great: the violinists come in, the gifts are placed and then he asks her. I watch as happiness fills her eyes but then something happens that makes my stomach hurt.

Geo, leans in for a kiss. And I watch as my boyfriend kisses the girl I dispise most.

"I'm gonna throw up," I rush to the bathroom.

"Kia!" Daddy calls.

I hear someone follow me, it's Sully. He rubs my back while I throw up everything I ate today.

I told him I didn't want him to kiss her. He said he didn't want to kiss her. So what the fuck happened?

I get myself together and walk into my room and lay down. Sully grabs me a bottled water and then leaves.

____

It's been a while and everyone is waiting for Geo to get back. Personally, I don't care.

I hear the front door open, and then Geo's voice. I slowly walk downstairs and watch them all from the step. Everyone is smiling and laughing besides me... and Sully.

"Why did you kiss her, dude? You know good and well Kia said she didn't want you to." he confronts him.

"What? Kai texted me that Kia said to do it." Geo says.

What? I never said that.

Kai looks guilty before glancing at the steps and seeing me. Everyone's heads also turn to me.

"Princess, I swear I didn't know." Geo walks over to me.

I know it's not his fault, and I don't blame him. But I don't want to be around him right now and I damn sure don't want to be around Kai.

I walk upstairs and grab a duffel bag and stuff a week's worth of clothes in it so I can stay somewhere else.

Geo walks into my room, "princess, what are you doing? Where are you going?" he asks in a worried tone.

"I'm going to stay somewhere else. I'll go to Keisha's or a hotel, I-I just need to go." I say blindly.

"You aren't mad, are you? I didn't know, Kia, I promise." I feel his arms wrap around my body as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"I know it's not your fault but please let me go, Geo. I'm not mad, I just need space." I say as a tear falls from my face.

"Kia," I hear. It's Kai.

I never want to see, hear or look at him again. Ignoring him is best for me right now.

When Geo hears Kai, he lets go of me fast and turns to him.

"Get out." he says to Kai.

"No, let me talk to h-"

"Get the fuck out!" Geo shouts. I flinch because of how loud he was.

"Man, don't yell at me!" Kai shoves Geo.

That sets Geo off and he punches Kai.

"Stop it!" I yell. They're acting like a bunch of children, but I'm on Geo's side. "Kai, leave." I say.

He looks at me with glistening eyes, "Kia, I'm so-"

"Sorry my ass. I don't ever want to see you here again. I'm leaving for a week, don't look for me, don't call me. Just leave me alone." I sling my bag over my shoulder and shove by them both.

"Kia, where are you going?" Daddy asks.

"I'm leaving. I'll text Geo where I'm at when I find out where I'm staying." I walk to the front door and begin putting my shoes on.

"Kia, you can't just leave like that." Sully says.

"Watch me."

"Princess," Geo calls again.

I look at him while he's standing at the steps.

"I love you." he says.

"I know. I love you too." I respond.

When I open the door, Jaylin is standing there.

Oh, shit.