1 MONTH TIME JUMP: Street pizza and Lock

The train comes to a stop and I didn't sleep an inch. I was up staring out of the window. I'm now 43 hours away from everyone, and I'm glad. I just hope that they don't get caught up in anything more now that I'm gone for good.

I pile off of the train, along with everyone else, and I swear I barely make it out to the street before someone comes up to me,

"Oh, my God! You're Kia!" she shouts.

"Yeah, that's me," I smile.

"Dude, I swear I'm a big ass fan. I've never missed a stream... well besides the ones you did before I knew about you. But still!"

"Aw, thank you. I really appreciate the support."

"Yeah, so what are you doing here in the city?" she asks as she walks with me.

"Just... looking for a fresh start, I guess. I had to get away from home. Just wasn't my vibe anymore, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it. Where are you coming from?"

"Jubilee city." I answer.

Well, now deserted because everyone's dead... at least the majority.

"I've heard of that place. Crime rates are crazy. No wonder you wanted to leave."

"Yeah..."

"Do you need a place to stay?" she asks.

"Actually, yeah, I do. Do you know any place?"

"I've actually been looking for a roommate because rent's going up, it's getting too much. You know, with the inflation and everything. You can stay with me," she smiles.

"Really? Thank you,"

"Of course! When do you plan to go public again?"

"Not sure... I might just have to throw streaming out of the window."

"You'll end up being the new Fe4rless if you do that," she laughs.

I laugh too, "yeah, you're right."

My phone rings and it's Geo. He calls me everyday, hoping for an answer. My heart sinks and it hurts. I should answer.

"H-hello?" I answer.

"Baby?! I'm so sorry I yelled at you. I never should've taken my anger out on you and I'm so so fucking sorry. Where are you? Please come home to me."

Him saying that makes me want to get back on the train and go back. But I know I can't.

"I love you, Geo." I say and then I hang up.

"Hey, are you good?" she asks.

"Mhm, I'm great. What's your name?" I ask.

"Rajah. I'm nineteen," she holds her hand out for me to shake, and I do.

"Pretty name... that's Jasmine's tiger's name in Aladdin," I point out.

"That's why my mother named me that. Aladdin is her favorite movie... hey, you hungry? Let's get some street pizza. I know a guy." she hooks her arm with mine and drags me along.

____

"Hey, Benny. This is Kia, the famous streamer I told you to check out. Hook us up with two slices," she says.

"Hey, beautiful." he smiles.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, Benny." I say.

"You too," he turns around and grabs the two slices and passes them to us through the window,

"Thanks, Benny. How much?" Rajah asks.

"Nothing today. It's on me," he smiles and shoots me a wink. Oh?

"Thank you, Benny." I smile.

"Anytime, Kia. Can I get your number?" he asks.

"I'm in a relationship..." I say awkwardly.

"I figured... just thought I'd give it a try. How about as friends?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

He hands me his phone and I put my number in.

"Oh, me too," Rajah says.

I put my number in her phone too.

Her and Benny both send me texts, and I start eating my pizza. It's so good.

I groan, "It's so good. You killed this pizza, Ben." I nod and smile.

He laughs, "thank you, Lock." he says.

"Lock?" I question with a laugh.

"Yeah, 'cause your name is Key-yuh... and Key... and... lock... yeah, that sounded dumb. I'm just going to shut up." He says and rubs the back of his neck.

"Yeah, please do." Rajah says while giving him a biiiig as side eye.

I laugh. They seem like one hell of a duo.

"Alright, Lock. Let's go home." Rajah says and she hooks our arms again and start walking.

"Oh, so you can call her that, but I can't?!" Benny shouts.

"It sounds cooler when I say it!" she shouts back.

I like them... they seem like good people.