chapter 04.

004 — that feeling

004 — that feeling.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Forest.

There was only a dark forest all around me. I've never felt such fear when I was alone in such a place. I was scared, I was terribly scared. It was all quiet. Leaves didn't rustle, my footsteps made no sound. I was pacing around with no idea where to go. There was absolutely nothing familiar to me in this place. I've never been here before.

After long hours of walking, somewhere in the distance I saw light. Without much thinking, I started walking in that direction. I was hoping to find help, someone to show me the way home. Unfortunately, I did not get there.

Suddenly I felt a terrible shiver on my back. My legs sped up themselves, moments later I was running. Something was definietly following me, and it was approaching me with an incredible speed.

I couldn't breathe anymore. The tiredness started to hit my entire body, and the footsteps behind me grew louder. I tripped over one of the roots, and fell painfully to the ground. All I had to do was turn on my back, and as soon as I did it, a pair of red eyes and white fangs flashed above me.

I woke up with fastened breathing. I had those nightmares almost every night, and they always were the same — I'm in the forest, alone and scared, then after a while I start to run away from something. I'm running until I run away from strength and finally fall to the ground, and the thing that's chasing me, throws itself over my body. I have no idea what it is. The only thing I know about that animall looking thing is that it has white fangs, and red eyes.

Again, I sat for many hours looking at the forest. However, when I saw that something red flashed among the trees, I immediately jumped back and hid under my blanket, feeling the urge to cry.

In the morning, of course, I was almost dead from exhaustion by the bare 2 hours of sleep. It made me forget to take my lunch, I almost left the house in my slippers, and I almost ran under a moving car.