chapter 14.

014 — small accident

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The fire ignited, immediately giving a pleasant warmth as the sun alteady went down. Everyone sat around, smiling, and waited for what was about to come. I was impressed with how many people were in the clan. I did not expect that there are so many of them.

"I'm not going to tell you why we're here, because I think that everyone knows it," Heeseung said, and he stood up for everyone to see him, "I just want you all to meet Jaeun, our new clan member." he turned to me while sending me a slight smile, and I immediately felt embarrassed when everyone's eyes landed on me.

"So now let's begin!" all the assembled people fell silent and waited. I didn't really know what was going on so I just waited with them.

Jungmi, sitting on Jake's lap on the other side of the fire, gave me a wide smile, and Jiwon, who was next to me, threw her arm on my shoulder to help me relax a bit.

"In the past, when the earth was still young and nature was undefiled by the destructive power of the human hand, the world lived in a perfect harmony, obeying the eternal circle of life. No one could restrain or resist its strength, as it marked the end and beginning, dawn and dusk of every existence." Heeseung began, and I immediately felt like I knew this from somewhere.

It was obvious that the legend of the vampires was told only for me so that I could get to know their story better. However, everyone seemed interested in what their leader was saying.

"While Jihun was the leader, a girl was born among the people, who was able to see and feel more. Since her first days she loved forest in which she was born, and raised in. She walked her paths, and her noble nature made her find a friend in every being."

"The child grew up to be a unique, unusually beautiful girl with skin as white as snow, hair as black as night, and lips as red and delicate as the petals of the first spring roses. So the name Eunji quickly stuck to her." I tried to absorb every word with the greatest accuracy. Once in my life I would never have thought that something like this would happen to me. But when I listened, I knew I was in the place I should be.