chapter 40.

040 — my soul

040 — my soul.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
[ 15+ : tw, blood, violence, death. ]

I felt something warm on my neck as the dagger scratched through my skin. Blood. Jungwon bared his fangs, his eyes gleaming with pure madness and rage. The growl grew louder with every step he took. He felt what I felt. I was also filled with the same rage, love and fear as jim. He was afraid for me, and I was afraid for him.

"Her end has already been settled! You can't do anything!" the boy shouted, and he moved the knife again, causing more pain to my neck.

He's going to actually kill me.

Even though before I was completely ready to die for my friends, now I didn't want to. Not when I saw Jungwon again, not after Sunghoon showed up, and The Cursed leader turned out to be my father. But now Heeseung's clan and The Cursed have had equal chances.

With the last strenght I had, I lifted my hands up and tightened them on the boy's wrist, wanting to stop his next movements. Come on.. I'm not just gonna let him kill myself like that. Even when I already did it, I didn't want to disappoint my clan even more, I had to help them somehow. So I dug my nails into the man's hand, trying to pull him away from my throat.

This allowed Jungwon to react. He leapt straight at us, his claws scratching my thighs, but his teeth gritted on The Cursed boy's shoulder. With a loud scream, he fell on the hard rock, hitting his head against it. He was struggling as the rock did a really bad injure to his head, shouting that this wasn't the end, but Jungwon's jaw tightened more and more.

I didn't want to look at it, but I couldn't look away. I saw Jungwon's teeth clamping around his neck, and after a while he teared the head away from the boy's body. Blood was dripping from his fangs, his eyes sparkling with crazy madness.

Jungwon jumped onto the rock beside me and leaned over to my feet, trying to figure out the rope that was binding me. I placed my hands on his black-gray fur, and stroked it as gently as I could. When he bit the rope, I felt him press his head into my hands, then gently touch my cheek with his cold wolf nose. He licked gently my hand, and then rushed to help his clan. After all, the fight still continued.