chapter 19.

019 — it really happened

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Are you.. serious?" I whispered, unable to believe what he just said. Tears fell from my eyes that I could not contain. It felt like a dream come true.

Jungwon chuckled, "You are my second half," he uttered softly, never breaking the gaze between us, "And not her."

His hands were still holding gently my cheeks, while his thumbs were wiping away my tears that kept flowing. I snuggled tightly to him, and he gently wrapped his hand around me.

Now everything was as it should be from the very beginning.

At this point it didn't matter to me that he mistreated me at first. I didn't want to think about it. It mattered what he felt now, and I was just happy at that moment.

"Your mom left the room," he whispered, moving away from me a bit, "Better if she won't see me here. First I drove you home on my motorcycle, and then I broke into your room through the window. I'm not going to make a good impression." he said, and left a quick kiss on my lips before going towards the window. At that point, even I could hear my mother's footsteps on the stairs.

"Will you come back?" I asked hopefully, returning back to my bed in which I was going to lie down to make my mother think I was asleep.

"As soon as your mom falls asleep." Jungwon replied, and he did something that made my heart skip a beat.

He smiled to me with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

After that, he jumped out of the window as if it was only half a meter to the ground. I put my head on the pillow, and closed my eyes literally at the last moment. My heart raged, but fortunately my mother didn't have a hearing as good as the vampires or she would have heard it for sure.