chapter 18.

018 — it doesn't matter

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I got off the motorcycle right by the gate of my house. The lights were on in the building so I knew my parents had already come home from work.

After I took off the helmet, I fixed my hair that were ruffled. "Thanks." I mumbled, not really knowing what else to say as I handed the boy helmet, and headed straight to my home.

"I'll be near the house." he said before I disappeared through the door.

My heart was beating unimaginably fast. All I could think about at the moment was the boy's closeness as I hugged his back during the ride. It wasn't on my nerves. I felt like I was drunk, everything around me was spinning. I wanted to go straight to my room, but as I passed the living room, I saw that my parents were looking at me seriously. They had never looked at me like that before so it made me stop in the midstep.

"Did you come home on a motorcycle?" mom asked, unable to believe it. I blinked a few times not really knowing what to say. I looked away, taking a deep breath, trying not to look at their faces.

"Are you crazy?" dad asked, angry, "You know well what we think about riding something like this! In addition, you were driving with a strange boy!"

"Honey.. what if he had lost control of this awful vehicle? What if he didn't have time to brake at the right moment? You might have got into an accident!" mom yelled, making me flinch a bit.

"But mom.." I was shocked, and I didn't know what to say, "He just drove me home!"

"Who was it anyway?!" dad bawled, "Jungwon, Jiwon's brother." I answered honestly.

"You can't ride with him. We don't know him, and besides, motorcycle is an awful machine!" I haven't thought that they would yell at me like that. Dad looked like he might explode at any moment. His face was all red, he could barely breathe. Mom looked serious, but the worriness was slightly dominating on her face.