chapter 21.

021 — do they like him?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Are you going out with that Jungwon again?" dad asked, narrowing his eyes. The moment I entered the kitchen, I had the impression that he was watching me closely. Surprised by his question, I froze with a spoon in my mouth as I was eating the cereals.

"Oh honey, stop it." my mother said, and nudged him with her elbow, "But I don't like it!" he complained, dissatisfied, "He comes out of nowhere on his motorcycle as if nothing had happened, and take my daughter as if they're dating for already years. I don't like it that my daughter drives on something like that!" I was staring at him with my mouth wide open, and just didn't know what to say.

My dad acted as if he was offended by the whole world. He hit his hand on the table, causing the coffee to splash, then left the kitchen muttering something under his breath. I followed him with my eyes, unable to believe what was just happening.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked quietly, "I don't think he can accept the fact that you have a boyfriend now." my mom answered, chuckling at the end. Even when I knew something really strong was between me and Jungwon, we haven't even asked each other out and we didn't use terms like 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend'. But I think it was all because we both knew that we didn't need anything like that. We were each other's second halves, and that's what mattered.

I looked at mom, not really knowing what to do. Dad didn't like Jungwon?

"But you also..?" I started, sincerely believing that she won't admit it.

I felt bad. Jungwon was my everything, my life. I couldn't make my parents and him not get along with each other. I didn't want this.

"Nooo! On the contrary," she immediately denied, and sent me a wink, "Jungwon is a very nice person. He's actually a bit older than you.." she muttered, not sure. In fact, he and I were three years away, but we didn't even feel it, "But what is age gap if you love someone. I am glad you are happy with him." she said, and I smiled immediately, "Oh, and don't worry about dad too much. I'll convince him somehow." mom gave me a bit hug, making me chuckle.