chapter 26.

026 — the new clan

026 — the new clan.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I woke up around ten in the morning. The sun was not shining as the sky was covered with dark, thick clouds. The trees bent violently by the fierce wind that was going crazy outside.

Images from the previous night appeared before my eyes, which made me smile a little ashamed. Even when nothing really more happened, I still felt a bit of embarrased.

I opened my eyes, and saw that the boy was still asleep. His face looked calm and soft. Jungwon was breathing evenly, his hair falling gently over his eyes. Even while he slept, he looked like an angel.

I stroked my fingertips gently over his cheek, and at that moment he slowly opened his eyes, which flashed with that beautiful violet glow in it. "Good morning, darling." he muttered in a slightly hoarse voice, while sending me a soft smile.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"I think you should live with us, Jaeun," Heeseung said with utter seriousness, "At least until the situation is resolved."

"But my parents.." I muttered hesitantly.

We sat at the dining room table, and drank tea prepared by Jungmi. As usual, quite a lot of people gathered in the room wanting to know the leader's decisions.

"You have to explain it to them somehow. If you live here, you'll be safer, and so will they. Nobody will try to lurk around your house if you are here. And it's impossible to hide aroumd our house without getting caught." he took a sip of his tea, before adding, "Also, it will be easier for us to protect you." I nodded with understanding, with a slight grimace on my face.

So basically, the plan was that I had to come up with something to tell my parents not to worry about me, and above all, let me leave the house for a while. I had a few more days to think about it.