chapter 22.

022 — everything happens suddenly

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"No way!" Jiwon shouted, who was leaning against her bed headboard, "I saw it with my own eyes! Our brother finally found his brain, can you believe it?!" Jungmi screamed happily.

I wanted to say something. I really wanted to throw a word into their screams of joy, but Jiwon's appearance just wouldn't let me. The girl was wearing denim shorts, and an oversized white t-shirt, but that's not what caught my attention. She was at home, in her own room, and she was wearing sunglasses. I opened my mouth to say something, but eventually closed it, having a strange feeling that the girl wouldn't want to talk about it.

"And why was he so insisting on at the beginning?" Jungmi groaned, "It turned out to be amazing, and he only unnecessarily tortured poor Jaeun."

I laughed, seeing the girls genuinely enjoying what happened. They weren't too angry that I didn't tell them earlier which I was grateful to them. They understood that now there was no room in my head for thoughts other than Jungwon, and the attack on Jiwon.

We spent some time in the room together. We had a little to catching up, because we couldn't talk in peace due to the recent events. Jiwon had to get back home, Jungmi was worried about Jake looking for some traces of the evil clan with the rest of them, and I was nervous that it was my fault. In the end, we had to recover a bit and make up for lost time.

We painted our nails, we laughed at various stupid things as we used to. We were interrupted only by Ni-ki who brought Jiwon dinner so that she could eat in her room. At the same moment Jungmi heard, that Jake had entered the house so she went to check everything was okay, and I went back to Jungwon.

He was sitting by the kitchen island, and reading something on his phone. When I approached him, he immediately put it down, and gave me a gentle smile. "So is everything talked about already?" he laughed, and I nodded and sat in front of him.

Jay handed me a bowl full of rice and fried vegetables so I started eating straight away. I didn't even notice that I was so hungry. It was loud in the house, I heard laughter and happy conversations from all sides. I was happy, because I knew that I didn't need to worry for a moment.