chapter 31.

031 — strange anxiety

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Before the bonfire ended with sunrise as usual, everyone already that it's time for their huntings. Jungwon really didn't want to leave me by myself, but I knew it was really important for him. After assuring him over 15 minutes he finally kissed my forehead, and ran somewhere into the forest, earlier changing his form to a black wolf in a split of a second.

I was waiting for them with Jiwon and some other girls and boys from the other clan, that decided to stay, to keep us safe. Jiwon explained that after her injury she had to drink some blood, what allowed her to stay at home now and don't go hunting.

Around 6 AM everyone has returned, tired, but satisfied nevertheless, went to their rooms to rest a bit.

Sunghoon was unable to come to his senses for the rest of the evening. The girl who turned out to be his soul also acted as if the whole world suddenly ceased to exist. I perfectly understood what they felt at that moment, although my first experiences were not very pleasant.

When everything was cleaned up, there was complete silence all around. I took a shower, put on my pajamas, and lay down on Jungwon's comfortable bed. I was waiting for the boy to come to his room, and sleep with me.

But eventually, I was so exhausted after all the experiences that happened that day, I just let my eyes to take some rest. After some time I heard the door opening quietly, and closing right after. Then I felt the mattress bend next to me, and slender arms gently wrapped around my waist, pulling me softly to the boy's chest. He rest his head on my neck, exhaling lightly.

"Good night, darling." I heard him whisper softly, before we both fall asleep.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I woke up a few hours later. The sun was already high on the sky. The tiredness from yesterday was still giving its signs, but I didn't regret it. I liked the fact that I was able to participate in it with another clan. Heeseung told the legend especially for them. It was kind of weird to hear this story when I realized it was about me. Everyone was looking at us, but all I remember is Jungwon's wonderful eyes fixed on me. His loving look. Others didn't matter much.