chapter 37.

037 — the plan

037 — the plan.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I touched Jungwon's bandaged hand gently, trying not to cause him pain. Still unconscious and vulnerable, the boy had been lying here for three days. He never woke up. His face was twisted in pain, showing how much he was suffering. But I knew it perfectly well, because I could feel it.

"I'm sorry.." I cried, tenderly brushing the hair strands from his forehead. His whole body was covered with white bandages that I tried to change regularly. I didn't want Chae to do it again. It was my job, my duty. Jungwon was my second half.

Maybe my thinking was wrong. After all, I knew Chae was doing it because she worried, and cared about him as if he's her younger brother. However, I didn't want anyone touching him.

The second pack disappeared, leaving us completely alone. Last night, I heard Heeseung and Soobin talking. I wanted to put some fresh water in the bowl to make new compresses for Jungwon. They were in the living room, talking in a whisper. So I knew I shouldn't have heard it.

"It won't end well.." Heeseung muttered sadly, "We are too weak. Taeyong's clan left with Sunghoon, Jake and Jay are injured, Sunoo can't concentrate at anything because of too much stress, and Jungwon is unconscious, and everyone is already exhausted... We won't be able to defend ourselves anymore." he sighed as he lowered his head, and closed his eyes. "The next attack by The Cursed may be the last. Seeing how everything happens so drastically.. we will all die."

No.. I couldn't let that happen.

The clan was everything to me. They were the first to accept me the way I am. I didn't care if it was because of the destiny, or because I was l Eunji, or if it was just a friendship. I've never had someone I love as much as them before. I've never loved anyone like Jungwon.

Looking at Jungwon's pale face, I knew I couldn't let anyone get hurt anymore.

A plan was born in my head, which I decided to realize at all costs. The Cursed wanted me and my life? Then they will get it. But they will never hurt my beloved friends or parents again. Nobody will suffer anymore.