epilogue.

epilogue — my second half

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

10 years later,
3rd person pov.

"And that's basically the end." Jungwon finished telling the story while being obligated by the kids from every side. They were sitting next to him, in front of him, and one even sleeping while being snuggled to his chest.

It was another bonfire among the vampires, and as everyone was full of work while preparing for the upcoming event, the boy decided to help his siblings and best friends a bit by taking care of their kids.

"What?! Nooo!~ Uncle Wonie, it can't be the end!" Jami, Jake's and Jungmi's daughter screamed while hugging tightly onto Jungwon's arm. The boy chuckled, and gently patted her head where she had a beautiful braid made by Sunoo.

"Well princess, nothing more happened. That's the end," Jungwon explained, and all of them whined, wanting to know something more, "But don't worry kiddos, next time I'm gonna tell you another story!"

"Noo! We want to hear the story of The Second Half once again!" Suyun, Sunghoon's and Hayun's daughter said together with her twin sister, Hooyun.

"But uncle," Kaejun, Jake's and Jungmi's son started, "Something had to happen next. Jaeun couldn't just die like that."

"He's right!" Niwon, Ni-ki's and Jiwon's only daughter exclaimed, "She sacrifised herself, and the sacrifise always has it's result!"

"I also can't believe, that she just left like that.." Jungwon whispered through his clenched throat. Hea, Heeseung's and Chae's daughter had to feel the boy's sudden change as she wrapped her arms tighter around Jungwon's arm, leaning her head against him.

Everytime the topic of his second half was mentioned, he felt like in a minute he was about to break down, and another time cry himself to sleep. Even after all those years, Jungwon still hasn't moved on from his loss. He just still couldn't believe, that she left him. Just like that.