chapter 36.

036 — such pain

036 — such pain.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"What do you mean by 'they disappeared'?" Yeonjun asked, completely terrified. Everyone in the living room stared at Heeseung in disbelief. It couldn't be true...

"They left," he replied, clenching his jaw angrily,"Taeyong disappeared with his clan last night."

"But.." Jiwon muttered, not knowing how to choose the words. "And Sunghoon left with them." Chae added, secretly wiping her cheeks on which tears were flowing, "He left us only a letter. If not him, we wouldn't even know why."

Heeseung sighed, leaning himself against the back of the sofa, "They say they can't help us because of Taeyong," he began to explain with a emotionless face, "He probably blamed us for what The Cursed had done, and he doesn't want to help us anymore."

I knew that when he talked about blame, he meant me. Because it was because of me that his second half died.

"Sunghoon couldn't let them separate him from Hayun, so he decided to leave with them." Chae's voice was fragile, breaking from time to time as she spoke. She really took it very badly. After all, Sunghoon was one of them. He was very important to them, and now they won't see each other. "He just left us a letter saying how much he's sorry for us."

I knew that no one in the clan would resent him for the decisions he made. Each of them would do exactly the same for their own second half. It is impossible to live without your other half. It's like living with a lack of oxygen. You are suffocating, but you are not dying. You are only suffering.

Sunghoon is now gone.

From my nerves, I wanted to dig my nails into my arms. I wanted to wake up from this horrible nightmare that couldn't end. Only Jungwon's arms defended me from all this, and he held me on his lap so that I wouldn't be able to do anything to myself. He knew there was something wrong with me. He could feel it. He  has always felt.

They'd be better off without me, right? Maybe I should disappear? But Jungwon will suffer painfully if I die...

But after all, if I die they will only become animals.. Without emotions, and without the feeling of love.

The girls cried with helplessness, the boys looked fierce and a little scared. Without the second clan, we might not survive another attack of The Cursed. Now, we became a very easy target for them.