chapter twenty-six: when the world goes silent, you are all i yearn for.

10

10.5k words: a synopsis of acts: fluff, cuddling, mentions of nudity, mentions of depression, medication, violence, child neglect, jealousy, bullying, ptsd, trauma, domestic violence, child abuse, mistreatment, encountering wounds from the past, mentions of drugs, mentions of alcohol, realisation, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, mentions of overdosing, heavy angst + potential more.

a/n: I'm sorry, guys. I'm barely into her backstory as well, so, lol?

Comfortable, you stir awake, your body still settled within Eren's arms, your head pressed so comfortably against his chest. He found himself unable to allow you to leave his side, burying you in a position that guaranteed your safety. He knew how much you loved listening to his tender heartbeat; it was a source of comfort to you.

It was still a source of comfort, even as the two of you practically remained bare against each other, unwilling to shift away from one another. There was light within the both of you; no one was able to shatter this part of the two of you. You knew, no matter what, the two of you would always find each other's hearts.

Even through a sly decline.

Slightly tired, you bring yourself to rest deeper within his comfort, slightly lifting the cover higher against you. The room was rather cold, causing you to instinctively seek warmth and shelter within Eren's arms. A part of you couldn't help but settle awake, just relishing the warmth of him. He was so delicate when he slept, even as his fingers softly racked across your back, subconsciously, his breathing so light.

"I know you're awake," Eren scarcely informs you, his tone groggy as you slightly chuckle. He finds himself unable to pull from you, only holding you firmly against him, despite your nude breasts resting against his broad chest.

"Caught me," You halt, "Let me smell your morning breath," Eren frees his laughter at your words, attending to your soft tone. He could feel you were too afraid to pull from him, only peeping your head up to glance at him.

"Sure you wanna smell it?" You intake his deep voice as he speaks, narrowly pulling away from his chest, raising yourself to relax at eye level with him.