Chapter 26: Conversations

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - S I X

"A conversation is so much more than words; a conversation is eyes, smiles and the silence between words"

Zayn

The day was spend in a relaxing haze with the light sound on rain pouring and hitting against the glass window, clouds concealing the bright glow of the sun that would typically overwhelm me at this hour. As the lights were turned off, they did not contribute much to illuminating the flat but the flat had some faint light from the veiled sun that managed to lighten up London ever so slightly.

Perrie lay snuggled into my side was we lay on the couch pressed to the glass window, feeling the coolness of the rain radiating through it. My hands constantly would stroke her hair but end up trailing down her shoulder and intertwining our hands and circling my finger around her ring. My eyes would wander back and forth between the window that clearly exhibited the show the rain had put up outside and to Perrie although they would plant themselves longer on Perrie than they did at the window.

The prospect of food had been abolished hours ago and I did not feel even the least bit hungry although I wasn't sure about Perrie, I knew she did not really care at this point as her eyes were fixed on the rain drops stuck to her window, watching them roll down before watching another one.

"The rain..." she said "I have never appreciated it enough"

I glanced at the window watching the building far away in the distance "I know"

"I have always wanted sunny days but now..." she trailed off.

"Now?"

She looked up at me and smiled "I think I like this even more"

I smiled back at her, leaning down and pressing my lips to hers momentarily before pulling back. I could feel the warmth of her lips seep onto mine and stay there although I had pulled back. Perrie scooted closer to me, tightening her grip around my neck.

"Aren't you hungry?" I finally asked although I had been debating to ask her that for about half an hour.

"A little" she giggled. I smiled as I hauled us up, sitting up straight now. I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her onto my lap, her back facing me as I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Alright, so what do you want to eat?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "I don't know, not even sure if I have anything to eat"

"Well then in that case, we're just going to have to search for something" I hauled Perrie up and intertwined our fingers before making our way to the kitchen. Perrie walked slowly than she usually did but I didn't mind it the least bit as I kept my pace slow to match with hers. Once we entered the kitchen, I searched around the wall for the light switch since it was way too dark in the kitchen to see. Once I felt the switch, I pushed it; instantly illuminating the room.

I glanced around at Perrie, who still had her fingers intertwined with mine. She had her eyes squinted due to the sudden amount of light. The way her face looked, I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"What?" Perrie asked, her eyes slowly widening as she was adjusting to the lighting.

"You looked adorable" I chuckled.

Perrie rolled her eyes but giggled a little at the same time, "Whatever"

"No! I'm serious" I said as Perrie walked over and sat on the breakfast bar.