Chapter 30: Like Home

C H A P T E R   T H I R T Y

Perrie

Zayn arrived late that night. He was picked up from the airport and escorted to the airport by some bodyguards. Unfortunately, there were paps and fans all around the airport when he arrived which although he had tried to avoid. I sat in the lobby of the hotel waiting for him eagerly, my eyes constantly wandering to huge glass doors hoping to spot him.

It was as if an eternity had passed when I heard the doorman greet someone at the door making me look up from where I had been staring at the painting hung on the wall. My eyes immediately landed on him. His head was turned as he smiled warmly at the doorman, returning his greeting. Three bodyguards were behind him, one carrying a suitcase and the other two towering over him. His was wearing a black leather jacket with black jeans, his white shirt was loosely tucked into his jeans whereas his hair was messy as ever.

He looked so good despite an eight hour flight. I wondered sometimes how he could pull this off so easily.

I got up as Zayn turned around, looking around the lobby absorbing the new environment. Just as I was about to walk over to him although he was yet to spot me, the manager and the receptionist ended up by his sides. The manager spoke in a quick manner, obviously overwhelmed upon seeing Zayn. The receptionist was no better. Zayn tried to be as nice as he could possibly be whilst he struggled to end the conversation.

"May I escort you to Ms.Edward's suite, sir?" the manager asked but Zayn immediately shook his head.

"No, I'll be alright" he smiled. The manager nodded, trying to remember if he had anything else to say to Zayn or offer him. Finally he realized that his presence was slowly becoming annoying and he walked off with a peppy goodbye which Zayn returned although with his enthusiasm. The manager was followed by the receptionist.

Zayn sighed heavily as I smiled, watching him from the distance.

"Do you have her suite details?" he asked the man on his right.

"Yes, sir"

"Alright, let's go" he nodded as he made his way towards the elevator but before he could reach it, he spotted me from the corner of his eye.

In that moment, I forgot everything Jade had said, all my worries, all the my suspicions and doubts for all I could see was that he was here after so long. He was right in front of me instead of being miles away. Without another thought, I plunged forward and he walked quickly to cover the distance. As soon as I came in close proximity of him, I flung my arms around him; the warmth of his body seeping into mine. He wrapped his long arms around my back as I nuzzled myself into his neck placing a gentle kiss there. His grip on me tightened and I squeezed him as well but he careful not to hurt me like he always is. One of his arms moved to securely wrap itself around my waist.

I felt at home.

We hugged for so long or maybe just for a second, I did not know. All I knew was that I was pulled away, Zayn pressed his lips to mine before I could even say a word. His lips were warm and soft as always making me crave more as my arms wrapped around his neck whilst his own went to wrap tightly around my neck. He deepened the kiss as tightened my grip. We pulled back eventually, taking a deep breath.

I had completely forgotten that there were three bodyguards surrounding us along with all the people in the lobby despite the lateness of the hour. I blushed suddenly looking down until I felt Zayn lifted my chin with his index making my eyes meet his hazel ones that looked more alive than ever. I smiled as he followed along. I leaned forward to attach myself to him once more.