Chapter 6: London and a Rainy Weather

C H A P T E R   SIX:

Perrie

The second I set foot on London land, it wasn't my ideal weather. After staying in a continuous rainy weather in New York, London hadn't welcomed me with anything much different.

"It hasn't been raining much lately Ma'am but we're expecting rain for the next couple of days", my driver Byron said who was supposed to drive me from the airport to Zayn's at 5 am.

"Well I definitely missed a few sunny days then" I replied, whipping out my phone and putting it off of airplane mode, waiting for my numerous texts to pop up. Byron slowly started driving, gaining pace as we whizzed through early traffic and raindrops. For 5 am, it was considerably very bright though the clouds had covered most of the healthy sun that we could have had but alas, we're not that lucky as it is.

"Would you like me to drop your luggage are Zayn's as well, Ma'am?" Byron questioned as I turned my head in his direction.

"No, please drop it at my apartment. I'm sure you have my keys", I replied, resting my head against the window, feeling the coolness on my warm cheek.

"Yes Ma'am I'll do just that".

The rest of the ride went fairly quiet though I did plug on some Second Hand Serenade to accompany me on this rainy day. I watched London as we went by. Nothing had changed; it was exactly the way I had left it. The cars rushed just as quickly, the people walked in the same pace, the rain drops trickled the same way, the building looks tall and luxurious as ever and Zayn's flat; just the same.

"Thank you Byron, I'll see you tomorrow hopefully, good bye" I said, smiling as I slammed the car door shut, tugging on the cardigan to protect me from the rain. I was umbrella free at the moment and the rain drop weren't being particularly nice to me but I didn't hurry to get to a shelter, I walked slowly; letting the appearance of his flat sink in as I walked up the stone path to his front door.

But before I could knock, ring the bell or just simply unlock the door; he opened it right as I was about to put my key into the lock.

And there he was.

~

"You know as much as I was expecting maybe getting a tan at a beach somewhere in New York, all I've gotten is paler".

"You can't get paler, that's like physically impossible" Zayn argued while grabbing a fork off of the table, leaning back into the couch and pecking at the bowl filled with water melons. Well, what can I say?

"It isn't. Google it" I replied, chewing on my bite as he narrowed his eyes at me. He arguments were never very strong except for when we fought which was rare because he fought over the big things, never the smaller ones.

"So then why didn't you just go to some beach or something?" he asked, leaning more into my side as I adapted to the sudden change of posture on both our sides. 

"Because all I experienced was rain and rain and oh, more rain" I said sarcastically, popping another forkful into my mouth. Zayn laughed at my ridiculous humor as his contagious laugh got me laughing and we sat there laughing for 5 minutes straight before we both recovered.

"Lucky aren't you?" Zayn teased.

"Trust me I'm very lucky". While we might've thought that I had been trying to say that I was lucky careers wise, or family wise or just personality wise. What I had in mind was him. I was so incredibly lucky to have someone like him in my life. To say that yes he's the one that I love. He's mine. 

"So..what's for dinner?" I said, sitting up straight as I placed the bowl of floating and half eaten water melons on the table in front of us. Zayn eyed my every move as I got up to face him whilst pulling down my too big of a dress that had rolled up to my almost my upper thighs while me and Zayn lay snuggled on the couch.

"Nothing".

"Perfect" I giggled as I turned around, eyeing the messy flat that had barely any light switched on making it incredibely dim. The dim surroundings though making it hard to navigate around the flat were perfectly complimenting the cloudy weather outside. It was around 6 and large window that pretty much was the Zayn's living room's wall gave the most perfect view. It was slightly breezy outside, the upcoming rain alarming people as they rushed to get indoor whilst some others just walked on, enjoying the weather. The rarity of cars at the moment was also shocking as hardly any cars were driving by. 

Though Zayn's flat was in a little deserted part of London, it still had people who walked in the lovely streets that I and Zayn utilized for relaxing everyday.

"So since you probably don't want to go to a restaurant, let's go make something" Zayn said, hauling him up from the couch and kissing me slightly on the lips before pulling me into the kitchen.

"And how did you assume that?" I inquired, seating myself at the breakfast bar stools as he rummaged through the cabinets looking for some basic ingredients in order to create a meal.

"Is that even a question?" he narrowed his eyes at me, a smirk playing on his lips. 

"Zayn, you know me too well".