Chapter:- 25

Double update!

As I promised, here's another updated of the day. Sorry, I am a bit late.

Happy reading!
___________________________________________
**************************************
Avni khanna

"What did you just said?" A voice boomed inside the meeting hall making pin drop silence.

Everyone turns towards the owner of the voice. My eyes welled up as I hear him. I remember, all the criticism, taunts, and false allegations they were accusing me of, my heart felt heavy due to this.

When my eyes meet his, it has a spark in them. The dangerous aura he is carrying with him right now, scares me. His emotionless face and deadpan eyes are doing vicious assaults on me and I am sure everyone else in the room must be feeling the same.

I have to say that when a person can portray a higher, and seemingly unachievable, level of simply appearing to be just 'more' than the rest, more than oneself, that's intimidating.

He seems to be more than what everyone else is, including himself, that's what I call intimidating.

He is a personality for sure that can intimidate any human.

As he walks in, wearing black three pieces suit followed by Krishna and DD while the rest of his bodyguards stay behind; indicating to me that he is going to do some very treacherous thing.

As he walks; people clear his way. He walks around the table and stands in front of me. I closed my eyes as he softly wipes my tears with his left thumb and after that, he tucks my strands behind my ears with his left hand while his right one was already stuffed inside his pant.

The hurt in his eyes is visible to me now. This is because I didn't listened him earlier. If I had heard him then, I shouldn't have been facing this humiliation.

"Neil, I am---"

"Not now. Hmm!" He cupped my left cheeks with his left hand and Stokes my cheeks with his left thumb. His voice isn't as gentle as before. I gulp the saliva down to my throat and nodded.

He takes my right hand in his; I heard many gasps and echoes in the hall. He turns around and stands on my right side. Finally, to face everyone.

"You!" He glares at Dr. Anish, "Repeat your last sentence." He gruffly orders him.

"I di--dn't mean th--that way, Pre--president. I am---" Anish shutters. His confidence which he had a minute ago is vanished. Fear in his voice is clearly visible.

"I don't like to repeat myself." Neil menacingly states. Dr. Anish is definitely frightened by him and it seems like he would faint anytime soon.

"I---i am so--sorry, Avni. Yo--you know m-me, I w-was just ang--angry at yo-you. I mean---"