Chapter:- 50

Writer's POV

It is dark.

Till now he was able to control his emotions, but suddenly he felt someone snatching his soul and all he can see is dark in broad daylight.

She is one month pregnant.

He lost seven family members in his life, but he can swear on his mother today that he never felt this incapable till now. His heart never felt terror, but now he did.

He is happy. No one can imagine the serene emotions his heart is whirling with, but when the reality slammed his face, he checked his wife and child is not by his side.

Someone took them away from him.

"How is this---"

Neil abruptly cut-off Sia in between, "I never left my wife alone."

Avni was crying silently like she was supposed not to cry infront of anyone.

She was seated down on the floor alone in her black saree which she wore for the party. Tears streaming down from her red, chubby cheeks which she wipes in every alternative minutes to grip a control on herself, but hell with it! They aren't stopping.

Her heart and soul felt shattered and betrayed.

Neil was already gone.

She made him leave her alone because that's what she was supposed to do.

She was crying on her fate. Definitely.

The moment felt like she got her whole family back; was the ultimate blow to her life also, that made her distant herself from them.

Her long hairs had covered her face from either side as her face was bowed down and tears were pooling out.

She so wanted someone to held her in this particular situation but she felt helpless.

There are some compulsions that keep you away from yourself. She felt it now.

The letter. That man. The video. The threat. And her life has officially became a game now.

Why?

Why can't Almighty can see her happy?

She cried.

Cried like a wilted rose shading it's petals in the stromy night.

The door of her room again opened and closed simultaneously, but she was so devastated in herself that she didn't heard even the heavy footsteps approaching her.

Suddenly her prickling body was engulfed in strong arms which made her look up instantly.

Her wet eyes found the man she was literally craving to hold her, "Neil--" Her wet lips mumbles but shushed by her husband who put his left index finger over her lips.

Neil shakes his head, and kissed her forehead. He gently wipes her tears with the pad of his thumb while his eyes held nothing but worries for his wife. Avni closed her eyes on feeling his cold touches on her burning skin which is results of her crying.

She felt something thick powder stuff on the top of her head, which made her beautiful, red doe open abruptly.

Neil has filled her hairline with holy vermillion.

She found him instantly watching her, as she drowns in his eyes who held promise. Something she needed. Something she craved. Something she wanted. Something called assurity. Something known safety. Something he worded without uttering.