Chapter:- 48

Writer's POV

"Thanks for finally answering the door, and not making me walk back to our home like previous days." Advik says sarcastically as he makes himself comfortable on the couch.

Avni shakes her head, and didn't bother to answer her brother as she makes herself comfortable on the other end of couch, sitting.

"Dii, atleast talk to me. What have I done to you?"

Avni sighs, "I was busy with hospital works, and then when I use to comeback, my exhaustion always lead me to the bed." She mumbles with her eyes casted on phone screen.

"Liar! I am your brother, Dii. I can see it that why are you exhausted. Just go and talk to mumma and papa, yaar! You're being cruel, not only on them or me but yourself too." Advik says in irritability. He is fed up with his sister's behavior.

Avni's head snaps up to face him as her brows quicker, "I am being cruel? They literally made fun of my trust, Adi. How am I supposed to react then? The way they want? Am I not allowed to have some time for myself to adjust with my harsh reality? How can you be so insensitive? And you started calling him 'papa' now! Wao, brother! I didn't expected you to forgive him this easily. He literally lied to our face throughout our life. We--"

Advik stands up abruptly, "Excuse me? I am being insensitive? Goodness, dii! I am the one who felt most betrayed, because my mother lied to me, my father did the same, and you dii... Have you forgotten the way you hid the fact of you dating a guy and then getting married to him? Really? My whole family lied to me also, but what I did! I understood their perceptions, and forgave them." He scoffs. What happened to his understanding sister?

Avni stands equally with same rage in her eyes as her brother, "Advik, I understand everyone's perspective but do you understand there is a harsh truth comes with it that I am illegitimate--"

"You're not. Understand? I---"

"Adi, don't give me that shit, right? You know already, the man threatened our parents that he will reveal about me in the media; and have you forgotten how this society norms works with? If anything regarding me comes into the internet then it will affect my both the families. And plus, mumma and Mr. Arora is divorced! Everything is messed up yaar. I need time for that, can't I have it atleast?" Avni grumbles lastly exaggerating the topic.

"What should I do to make you understand? We aren't asking you to forget everything and move on-- but, atleast don't shutdown everybody. Everyone is being supportive to you, and what they're receiving in return? Your ignorance. Don't you even feel anything for papa, dii? That man literally suffered for nothing. And, okay! It's fine! You're showing your anger towards them, but what jiju did to you that you're ignoring him? And your in-laws?" Advik put in with the tint of aggression.

"I don't want to face anyone's pity or sympathy, Adi. I am just not emotionally and mentally prepared to face them. I might look strong or impulsively wrong with my choice of course of dealing with the situation but that's the best I came up with." Avni let out huff and turned around to hide her tears.

"And this is what you're doing wrong. I suggest you to--"

"I am done with people's opinions and decisions which they take regarding me without my consent. So let's drop this here. Let's go and eat. I made your favourite aalo Paratha. Come on, I will set the dinning table." Avni says as she move towards the dinning area of the penthouse, she was living in. Alone.

She was flipping the plates upside-down, but her actions halted hearing her brother's deep voice.

"There is no need to do formality, dii. Mom has cooked food for me at home, I will eat that. Have a good night." The dejection and taunt in his tone was clearly shown, as he glanced towards Avni's back before walking out.