THE PYRAMID GUARDIAN MADE FROM SAND

Sara speculated that there was an energy link on the pyramid which was like electricity flowing through a circuit board.

The pyramids apex was a switch or knob of some kind that might turn on the circuitry on the building and it was possible that was the key to gain access to the building.

"Hey, I know how to activate the entrance", I told Cartelle who was all ears.

So, I asked the guys to push and twist the pyramid's apex and surprisingly the apex wasn't fixed into the building but was a turnable knob or switch as I predicted.

"Creakkk...creakkk"

After a few attempts the apex gave way and turned and as the apex turned, energy from the base was reconnected to its apex which created a circuit of some sort.

Energy was suddenly projected from the pyramid which spun around it as it dragged away the surrounding sand which buried it, to reveal an entrance below as we immediately climbed toward the entrance.

"There that is the entrance", Kay shouted to us as he dashed for it.

However, before we could reach the opening to the pyramid the sands which were blown away by the cyclone suddenly returned in the form of a large humanoid made from sand which charged at us, as if to prevent us from entering the pyramid.

"Damnit, what the hell is that sand monster?" I asked Cartelle.

"It's the Pyramid's guardian", he told me.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us about a guardian?" I asked him but he was too busy fleeing from the guardian than answering me.

We quickly ran as the sandman transformed into a tidal wave of sand that splashed onto some of us.

Suddenly the ground under us hollowed out as many escorts and I fell into a quagmire.

Kay was lucky to have escaped the magical quicksand, so he was ready to help as he quickly threw rolls of climbing ropes at us.

Although we managed to grab onto the ropes, the suction and pull from the sand were too great for them to extract us, so in no time all of us were swallowed into the desert and practically buried alive.

The Magus' quest was apparently much less benign than I originally thought as I struggled to free myself from the quicksand which encased me deep under the desert ground.

"Mercury Tier: Tornado"

"Vvrooosh..vrooosh..vrooosh"

Suddenly a bright circle appeared above me as a tornado rushed out from the circle which swept away the quicksand around me.

As the sand was blown away, I was the only survivor among those trapped in there while the rest were suffocated and killed by the loss of air underground.

My body stores the oxygen I needed in a compressed form inside my lungs, so most of the time l didn't need to breathe which was the only reason I lived.

"I don't have any more wind magic", Cartelle shouted to us.

Cartelle's magic took time to prepare, and he couldn't muster another tornado spell in a short time.

"Run everybody run to the entrance for cover", I shouted at the guys as Kay quickly pulled me out from the ground and we rushed to the pyramid's entrance before the sand returned.

The quicksand transformed into humanoid again which chased and grabbed onto more of us and buried them under the ground, killing them by suffocation.

"Whew, we are here finally", I told them.