THE TEMPLE ON THE ISLAND

After the Obelisk lighted blue three times, it began to vibrate and shake, and after about fifteen minutes it disintegrated into tiny pebbles and sand, to reveal something within it.

Perhaps the Obelisk test wasn't really a test as Cartelle thought it was but the entry of a set of passwords to unlock the item inside the Obelisk.

Failure to key in the correct password would have meant the undertaker was an unauthorized intruder and should be punished or stopped.

Viewed in this manner the Obelisk test's massacre of those who attempted it seemed appropriate but cruel, nevertheless.

Unlocked within the Obelisk was a humanoid with the head and face of a shark, with a missing eye and sharp claws on its limbs, and when the shark beast saw us, he cried, "I am the Spirit of the Seas".

We were quite shocked that the beast could talk but this was not our world so the faunas here might have different genetic makeup so meeting a talking animal wasn't exactly farfetched.

There were many more illogical instances that I recalled and witnessed in this magical world than finding a creature that could speak.

"Now for the first wish I want...", I laid out my three wishes to the Shark Djinn when the Sharkman charged at us to slaughter us with his claws

Fortunately for us there were shining chains affixed to the shark which pulled it back.

I thought perhaps this Sharkman would grant us the reward Cartelle seek, but I was proven wrong.

"Damnit Cartelle, you were tricked there is no prize here", I told the dead Magus.

The brightness on Sharkman's chains slowly dimmed, so I guessed whatever magic that sustained the chain would not hold for too long after the destruction of the Obelisk tower.

"We must kill it now", I told Kay.

"Bang..bang..bang"

Before the shark was fully released, we aimed for Sharkman's heart and blew several large holes through him as he fell to the ground and groaned, but the shots did not kill him.

It seemed the shark's heart regenerated quickly, and his wound closed almost immediately.

"Zzzinggggg"

Suddenly a loud but high-pitched sound was heard and accompanied by the thunderous sound was a bright laser that came out from Sharkman's eye toward me, as I jumped to dodge the beam.

Luckily for us, Sharkman reeled from the wound to his heart and was shaky, so the laser he shot missed and didn't hit any of us.

Before the talking fish could charge up another beam, we returned fire as we shot repeatedly at his heart, which caused him some serious damage, and he would soon be killed.

Then the chain that restrained Sharkman suddenly waned and disappeared, and at that moment, he waved his hands in a circular motion, and a whirlpool of water filled the area around us which whirled us into it.

"What the hell?" Kay shouted out to me.

Before I could reply to the foul mouthed companion, I lost him as I was also swept away by the water.

We were no longer in the Obelisk space, but instead, we were transported, or more precisely, teleported to another place, somewhere in the middle of the seas when the mountain space suddenly turned into the oceans.

When I floated to the surface of the seas, I couldn't find Kay anywhere, so I scanned the seas around me to look for him.

"Where are we?" I asked Sara but she had no answer for me.