TIME FOR SOME PHYSICAL EDUCATION

After a month in school, there was a test that gauge the student's accumulated magic. The test was compulsory.

"Place your hand on the magical Crystal Ball", the homeroom teacher Miss Sally asked the class.

All the students for Year 1 were gathered in the Examination Hall and there was a raised platform at the end of the room.

On the platform, there was a large Crystal installed on top of a pedestal.

Sara found magical circuitries on the Crystal which took magic from the student's palm as its energy source. If the magic of the student was strong the Crystal Ball would shine brightly, and with this method, the school gauges the potential of the student.

"Roman Tomas", the teacher called out.

Roman was one of my classmates who was one of the best students in class. Roman went up the podium and touched the magic Crystal Ball with confidence.

After a minute the Ball lighted up.

"B+", the teacher said before he allowed Roman to return to the floor.

"Next Jackson Holly"

I was actually quite anxious because I never had a test before.

In our century there was no such thing as a test since we were all perfect with the assistance of AI controllers. Examinations in my world were abolished for more than several hundred years ago.

"Orion", Miss Sally called.

So, I walked to the raised podium and put my palm on the magic Crystal Ball. However, after a minute there was nothing on the Crystal.

"Look told you he was just a rich kid with no talent", one of the students said out loud.

"Yes"

"Agreed"

"See how he humiliate himself"

Basically, most of my classmates weren't too happy that I was given a penthouse and they lived in their little dorms. Every time there was free stuff distributed by the school, I was always given priority.

In fact, in this school, I was really a VIP.

This fact wasn't obscured from the students and as such, I received much negativity from them due to my preferential treatment.

I wouldn't blame them for their animosity toward me. In fact, it was definitely warranted.

It seemed Karma had a way of finding me. After enjoying so much goodness from the school, it was now my turn to give back some. My disgrace from failing the test would bring much joy to the school children.

"Time's up", Miss Sally said.

"Try harder you can do it", suddenly a girl wearing large, framed glasses shouted out to encourage me.

She was Tori, the sister of Roman Tomas the best student in class. She was usually quiet and timid, but she unexpectedly rooted for me.

As I was about to take my palms off the magic Crystal Ball, suddenly the Crystal lighted in bright golden yellow.

"We wouldn't want to disappoint your fans", Sara said to me suddenly.

The teacher and frankly the whole school was awed and shocked. There was never a precedent where a student could light the Crystal in golden light.

Even graduate Magus would have difficulty achieving this light.

The teacher choked a little when she saw the result and after being stunned for ten seconds she said, "S".