HUNTING THE SHARKMAN

After an hour a large contingent of police and Magi from the Tower of Babel arrived at the Forest Reserve after Pittel made a report.

The police and soldiers rushed into the forest reserve and battled the remaining Dragon raptors.

"What happened here? Did you kill all of these creatures?" Zalickus asked me as he saw the forest strewn with the carcasses of dead winged boars.

"Most of them. The rest were courtesy of the elephants", I replied to him, exhausted from my fight with the Dragon-raptors.

"Master Orion you are busy again and fate had brought you to foil so many schemes of Tiamat in the short time I left you. You must be the Scourge of Tiamat", Zalickus said to me as we laughed at his quips about my being the bane of Tiamat.

The police quickly raided the cave where the Tiamat set up a breeding center for Dragon-raptors.

Many humans caught and trapped inside the cages by Tiamat were rescued but the Magi and cultists were gone taking away their incriminating evidence.

"Its too bad we couldn't catch the culprits", I told Zalickus.

"You have already done more than credit is given to you. The Tiamat scourge are not easy to eliminate", he said to me.

Zalickus had a thick file on Tiamat and the forest incident was just one of many which came to his desk. Zalickus discovered a network of conspiracies that involved Tiamat.

"They had an organized structure and operated in many cities. Their aim is to increase their influence and power. Sometimes, they would assassinate certain leaders if it would benefit a rival faction aligned with them. The attempted assassination of Crown Prince Naran of the Dragon princes was an example. At other times such as in the siege of Port Kirana, it was timed so that businesses aligned with them could profit from the chaos due to the port's embargo. And now they incubated Dragon-raptors right in the center of Ziane city with no fear of the authorities at all...", Zalickus explained to me, and he went on to give a laundry list of Tiamat's transgressions.

But Zalickus wasn't all talks when dealing with the Tiamat scourge. He already had a plan in mind.

"Would you like to help us hunt the Spirit of the Seas?" Zalickus asked me.

I was new to the politics of this world, and I was more of an adventurer than an enforcer, so I had little to add to his belligerence toward the Tiamat cultists.

But I do understand the importance to uphold justice, so when he asked for my help on an expedition to capture or kill Sharkman I immediately agreed.

Besides I considered it a moral obligation to do so since I was the one who released it from the Obelisk space.

When we were done with settling the matter in the Forest Reserve, Zalickus brought us on a tour to the Tower of Babel.

---------

There was a long winding and seemingly endless spiral staircase inside the Tower, but we didn't need to climb far, since after just twenty steps, we reached a door and Zalickus brought us into a garden that was surrounded by walls of hanging plants. There was a large stone table in the middle of the garden that was enclosed in an enormous bird cage.

Zalickus brought us into his bird cage office and poured us some tea while we discussed our plans to hunt the Great Shark.

"Wow, you have a magic realm as your office", I said to Zalickus.

"Welcome to the Tower of Babel, Ziane branch. All the rooms in the Tower are connected to magic realms and yes, this garden realm is my office", he replied to me.