USHERED INTO AN ASSASINATION

"What would you like sir? We have everything in the Dragon Phoenix House", a salesgirl asked us.

Pittel straight away made a list of the things he needed. He had some new ideas on improving my Thunderbolt after testing it in actual combat.

"I would also like to rent an Engineering Workshop", Pittel asked the salesgirl.

"Of course sir, we have workshops for rental too", she told him.

While Pittel was running his shopping list, I walked around the Auction Hall which was enormous. Everything that this world has could be found here.

The Dragon Phoenix House was a large place. Almost as large as a town with a myriad of Halls and connecting courtyards and artificial lakes.

Soon, I don't even know where I was.

Suddenly, a beautiful girl walked into the courtyard where I was sitting on the railings of a raised pavilion on an artificial pond overlooking a large fountain.

She wore a tight-fitting dress that was split at the sides and a large headdress made from golden metal wires bent into a bouquet of flower adorned with precious green jades.

"Who are you?" the girl asked me.

"A customer?" I replied to her.

"How did you get into this garden? Its forbidden", she told me.

"I'm sorry I'm new in this city", I replied to her.

Suddenly, several people were walking into the courtyard.

"Hide we must hide", she told me but there was nowhere to hide.

The girl must be hiding from some bad people or some overbearing guardians. So, I decided to help her.

"Hold on to me", I told the girl as I grabbed her and jumped to the roof trusses of the lakeside pavilion were on.

The group of men who came to the courtyard came up to our pavilion to rest.

"Damnit, are they going to have tea here?" I asked myself.

I thought we would be stuck on the roof truss of the pavilion for a very long time but soon the people below us left the pavilion.

They were waiting for some other people and their friends were here.

"Who are those people?" I asked the girl softly.

"Very bad people", she whispered to me.

The large fountain in the middle of the artificial lake was surrounded by statues of twelve different animals.

We observed those people while hanging on top of the roof trusses of the pavilion.

They donned a familiar red cloak before they walked toward the statues in the fountain and turned them changing the direction of the animal statues in the fountain in a particular way.

Suddenly, a magic portal appeared in the middle of the fountain as the water in the fountain was mysteriously drained away.

The robed men quickly went into the portal and disappeared.

The statues on the fountain were fixed on rotating pedestal bases, so they could be turned but unlike the usual switches, this magical circuitry was more advanced which required a unique combination of turns and switches to activate.

When the robed men turned the twelve animals in a particular order and after each of the animals were turned, Sara observed magical energy flowing in circuitry from the animals to the middle of the fountain.