ATTACKED BY A WINDMANE

I was once again the scourge of Tiamat as I foiled their Dragon-raptor manufacturing supply chain.

I sent a letter to Zalickus and Pittel with my written farewell because I won't join them in Ziane or Kotonia. But I would probably meet them again in the future.

I was going to Magisandria to attend Magic High School. School was starting soon.

----------

After Kay reunited with Pam, we had a short vacation in Onnam city.

Although Kay was here for months, he never left the fishing village since he had no money, but now that he rejoined with me, we had a short vacation in the city while Kay and Pam had a belated honeymoon.

Onnam wasn't a large city and in fact, it was much smaller compared to Kotonia.

But the city was dotted with canals and streams and almost everyone in the city lived on boats or ships of some kind, and the city had a special kind of out-worldly charm, especially to someone like Kay who had never seen the seas before he went on an adventure with me.

Rivers and streams were rare around Kamini village.

Even though Kay lived in the seaside village for months he was still quite excited with the experience, and he was particularly interested in the various sea products of Onnam which would make splendid souvenirs when he returned to Kamini.

"Kawi would love the salted fish", Kay said to me.

Therefore, our shopping consisted of buying many pearls, ornamental seashells, and dried fish just for that purpose.

"Well, you better buy more of them because you won't be returning to the seas for a very long time after this", I told him.

"I have enough of the god damned seas for several lifetimes", Kay said out loud to me when Pam slapped his shoulders to shut his cursing mouth.

---------

The airship services in Onnam weren't as frequent as Ziane or Kotonia, since most of its products were shipped by sea, but there was a passage to Magisandria, so I booked it for me, Kay, and Pam.

The flight from Onnam to Magisandria took more than two weeks and although we were on a flying ship, the speed was nowhere near the speed of the spaceplanes in our world and we flew so low under the clouds, that I could see the birds and eagles who flew along with us.

"Hey you damn bird. Stealing my sandwich again", Kay cursed at a bird that ate his sandwich while he was talking to Pam.

Sometimes the birds came inside the airship to have breakfast or lunch and left only after being shoed away.

Despite the thieving birds, the flight was a great experience for Kay and Pam though who had never flown in the air before.

I had a lot of time to kill on the airship, and I spent most of it studying the airship itself.

The balloon was the driver of the airship, but it wasn't filled with hydrogen or other gases, but instead, there was only air inside, normal unpressurized air which under scientific logic would be unable to lift and propel the ship.

I wondered how the Magus made the ship fly, so I went nosing around the Engine rooms.

The Pilot welcomed my curiosity since few adults would be interested in the operations of the airship and his guests were usually some inquisitive children.

So given the opportunity, the Pilot explained to me in detail the magic of an airship.

"There is a machine in the engine room called a "Blower" which basically is a large bladeless fan that blew air into the balloon mixed with magic that made the balloon fly", the ship Pilot explained to me.