THE CRACKS IN THE SKIES

Melroy knew that stealing my money to buy Magic Crystals to maintain his magic wasn't a long term solution. Besides, I wasn't rich enough in the first place to support him even if I were to willingly do so.

Finally, he had an idea that would solve his need for magic.

"There is one place with plenty of magic I could use, the Heart of the Windmane", Melroy said to me.

"Where is that?" I asked him.

"The Heart of the Windmane is a Wind Crack in the skies where most of the Air Elementals originated from. The Windmanes when absorbed would satisfy my hunger for magic. It was the Windmane's magic that revived me in the first place so if we got the source, it would definitely solve my thirst for Magic Crystals", Melroy explained to me.

"Well, that is great as long as you no longer steal from my stash", I said to him.

Melroy's plan was good, but we didn't have the location of the Wind Crack. So, we need to have the location of the Wind crack and the best way to get the information was to purchase it.

We went to the Hunter's Guild hoping to purchase the location of the Wind Crack but as we browsed through the mission notice board something caused me to jump.

It seemed we saved a few coins by looking through the board.

There was a mission.

"Closing a Wind Crack in the Sky Mountains- 50,000 golds"

And there was a reward that came with it.

So, Melroy and I quickly went to the Mission Department and signed up.

"Just the two of you for the mission?" the clerk asked Melroy.

"Yes, that would be right", Melroy answered.

The clerk had doubts about our ability to complete the mission and was about to refuse our application when someone whispered to the clerk from behind him, "Those two were the ones who hunted the Scorpion Queen".

After hearing that the clerk didn't dally on the documents and quickly gave us our letter of authorization.

"Happy Hunting Great Magi", the clerk wished us.

-------

After we got the location of the wind cracks, Melroy brought me to the Tower of Babel.

I was about to walk into the Tower, to speak with Zalickus, when Melroy stopped me.

"Not that way, this", Melroy said and pointed at the top of the Tower of Babel, and then he continued, "we need to climb it".

Luckily, I absorbed the spell from the Scepter of Nolam so I could fly.

"Mercury Tier: Wings of Gymre"

So, I soared to the skies, using the Tower of Babel as a guide, and flew for two weeks until we reached the top of the Tower.

There was a Dome with a strange telescope that jutted out of the Tower, but that wasn't my destination, it was just the marker. From the telescope dome, I flew vertically for another week until I reached above the clouds.

I expected to find the space and stars beyond the clouds but instead what I found was an entire sky made of rocks and mountains.

What I saw really shocked me to the core.

The reality turned my view of this world upside down. It seemed that the world was within a large mountain, and Ouamua was just a large cavern inside.

The mountains of Ouamua's skies were adorned with millions of large diamonds or gems which emitted out bright magical light and it was these gems that made up the magical stars in this world.