THE HUNTER'S GUILD OF KOTONIA

The Guild Shop managed to produce for me a large batch of explosives, special blended fuel oil, and other chemicals which I used to produce many boxes of explosive cartridges, ammo, and smoke bombs.

Pittel also built me a grenade launcher attachment under the barrel of my Thunderbolts which fired explosive cartridges and with these armaments, I could decimate an entire army of medieval soldiers or even dangerous creatures with ease.

However, all these improvements came with a price, and I spent all the gold I had and even dipped into Cartelle's stash and took out more than 5000 gold coins.

---------

While exploring the city and looking for signs of Kay, Sara started analyzing Cartelles's amulet and space locker.

With the success of wiring and incorporating a magic item, the Eye of the Seas, into my chest, Sara hoped to attach the magical amulet to me. But instead of manually inserting the item into my chest like the Eye of the Seas she planned to up the game.

With experience from working with the Eye, she hoped to recreate the amulet's magical circuitry in my body using the components from my amulet which made up the wiring.

This would be a radical attempt to manipulate magic with technology and if successful I could cast spells just like Cartelle and the Magi just by crafting the spell circuitries inside of me.

I held the amulet to my chest, as the nano-bots reached into it, and drew out components from the amulet, and reconstructed the same circuitry inside me.

"Kaboom"

Suddenly a loud Bang sounded from my chest, as the amulet exploded, and the whole street around us was filled with dust and ashes, and within the haze, all the corpse statues of people from the Obelisk space and all the other stuff that were stored inside my space locker were strewn around the street. Sara's experiment destroyed Cartelle's amulet and threw out all its contents.

"Gosh! I destroyed the locker amulet", I complained to myself.

The space locker was of great utility to me thus far and being able to carry so much stuff helped save my life more than once and without it I would never be able to carry five boats with me on my travels for sure and not to mention that it may be a very expensive item.

The locker space was a mini-dimensional space created through some unknown technology or magic and it wasn't a magical space contained inside the amulet rather it was merely a spell that opened the portal to the locker space.

So, destroying the amulet wouldn't destroy the locker space but without the amulet, I lost access to the space locker which was equivalent to losing the storage space.

However, I wasn't entirely out of luck, as Sara managed to reconstruct the amulet's magical circuitry within me, and she could create the portal which accessed the locker space through a recreated magical circuitry within me which was linked to my batteries.

With my new spell circuitry, Sara instantly created precision portals that teleported all the items I dropped from the space locker back into storage and she could control the teleportation much more efficiently than if I were to use the amulet myself.

Sara experimented with various ways of utilizing teleportation. For instance, I could change the clothing I was wearing just by a teleporting swap, which made obsolete the trip to the changing room and allowed Sara to automatically sort and manage my stash which took a lot of my time if I were to physically employ the space amulet directly.