A NIGHT OF FLIGHT

A NIGHT OF FLIGHT

I wondered if I would have wanted the item so much if I never participated in the auction.

The combination of the wonderful promotion and the competition to fight for the item would raise a person's adrenaline and increase their purchasing desire. Perhaps that was the magic of auctions that captivated buyers.

As I took the Scepter, I realized someday I would have to return the favor to the prince. But that was alright because I've got the Scepter now.

After some casual chat, Arei explained the reason the prince was here in Magisandria on behalf of the prince.

"We tracked Mori Moto and the Spirit of the Seas for several months, and we found their traces in Magisandria, and as usual, they were up to no good. Tiamat has been kidnapping Magi and people in the city for unknown and most probably sinister reasons. The prince hopes that you would stay in school for now and have fewer physical activities outside in case Mori came for you," Arei explained the situation to me.

The prince must have heard that I was the Hunter who cleared the scorpion nest in the desert and killed the Scorpion Queen which wasn't exactly a secret in Magisandria.

With his network of spies, I wasn't surprised he knew of my hunt.

But I was rather touched that the prince came to advise me personally to keep me safe. Perhaps that's what friends are for, to look after each other.

"I'll keep my heads low for the time being", I replied and smiled to Arei and the prince.

But I wasn't worried about Mori or the Shark.

The fact was, I'm not even worried about Sharkman if he appeared before me, and on the contrary, he should be the one to avoid me because I was the Scourge of Tiamat.

"Here take this, it's a Tower of Babel SOS Badge and a tracker that would give the police a way to track you if you are in danger or taken. The Badge would be recognized easily by most enforcement agents in Magisandria and they would meet the call with utmost priority and urgency", Arei said to me before giving me a Badge and a magic tracker.

I really believed I had no need for the SOS Badge because I could protect myself and wouldn't ask for police help, but out of courtesy, I took the badge from the prince.

"Thank you very much for thinking about my safety", I thanked the prince.

"Well, we are friends", the Crown Prince Naran replied to me.

---------

After meeting the prince, Melroy popped out suddenly from his space, with his hands holding a sack of my golds, as he rushed to buy more Magic Crystals, and that made me really furious.

How was I to make enough money for more spell artifacts if Melroy were to spend all my hard-earned savings?

I was also angry because the Magus' lavish spending of my money almost made me lose the chance to own the item I wanted.

"You can't spend all my money on Magic Crystals, Melroy, I needed the money too", I complained to him.

"But I need the Crystals. I'll die if I don't have them", Melroy explained but that explanation wasn't enough to steal all my hard-earned money.

Melroy sulked as we played a game of pulling the ropes with my bag of coins and he didn't let go until his energy ran out.

It seemed that casting the Ray of Death spell when he killed the Scorpion Queen took a heavy toll on him and he needed the magic from Magic Crystals to replenish his magic.