ONE

Janiyah

"Ahh Miss abeg I ain't got the time for this." I sighed looking at Miss Daniels. Tenth lecture this week man, and it was Tuesday.

"Janiyah, your behaviour this week has been unacceptable! Two fights already? I expect better from you. You are one of, if not the smartest girl in our year. You've got straight a's in every subject. So why do you feel the need to constantly be getting into trouble? I've received 15 emails complaining about you."

"Let me guess, they were all from Miss Smith innit?" That crusty bitch hates me I swear down.

"No they were not! You need to stop this behaviour at once or I won't hesitate to permanently exclude you from our school. You constantly distract the other students, get into fights, show attitude towards teachers and it's been like this since year 7!"

I sat in Miss Daniels office, still confused as to  why I still even went to this school. Firstly, it's bare far from my actual house. I live in Lewisham and this ghetto shit is in Croydon. And secondly, because I am literally the worst behaved girl to ever enter the school. Like, how was I not permanently excluded lol. Every teacher hates me, every students afraid of me. Not saying I don't like it tho, I mean, everyone's scared to try mess with me. They know who I am, they know what I could do, and they know who my brother is.

Miss Daniels de-escalated. "Now that you're in year 11, Janiyah, it's time to act maturely. This year is important, you're taking your GCSES. Although it's only November, believe me when I say that before you know it, you'll be taking your first exam in that hall in May. So please quit fighting and yelling at your teachers and just concentrate on your work. Although you have high academics, your behaviour is holding you back from reaching your full potential. So what do you say? Will you change for me?"

Who tf this bitch think she is. I swear I wanted to laugh in her face, but instead I just stared at her, blankly, showing no emotion. The last school bell suddenly rang, indicating that school had finished

"Hello? Janiyah, please? At least say something?"

"Nigga icl you got lipstick on your teeth."

"That's it!" Miss Daniels shouted. "You're spending one hour here after school with me right now. How dare you speak to me using such aggressive language"

"Oops. Sorry nigga." I chuckled before getting up and calmly walking out the office.

"Where do you think you're going!?"

"You really think I'm staying here for one hour Miss? lol your funny."

Once I exited the office, I sprinted through the school hallways to find my friends. It was the end of the day and I really didn't have time to be dealing with teachers. Annoying pricks. As I ran through the halls bare kids started screaming my name, as well as teachers, demanding that I stop running. Yurrr they all know me. The whole school knew me, the whole area even.

I was known by everyone in Croydon, not just because of my brother, but because of this shit I'd do to people who messed with me. But don't get the wrong idea, I ain't them unprovoked prestige ghetto girls, I'm just a teeny bit rude :).

I finally found my friends.

"WAGWAN NIYAHHH!" My bestie Chinara screamed. I ran to her and hugged her tight, felt like i hadn't seen her in years, even tho I saw her an hour ago. If I wasn't straight, I swear I'd have a crush on Chinara. This bitch was leng. She was dark skin and had the clearest skin to exist. Never once did I see a pimple on her face. She always had glossy lips and her lashes were always on point and she had that cute slim body type. I swear she was a Pinterest girl. She's my day 1.

"I missed youuu!" She cried.

"Shut up, you meady shit." I said slapping her back head laughing. We continued to look for the rest of our group. Obviously, we were stopped by bare people saying hi and were given some stares and dirty looks by some dutty girls. Never peace in this school, kmt.

"Oh look it's your musty boyfriend!" Chinara smirked pointing at Joshua. He was talking to a few of his leng sixth former friends.

"He ain't my man stfu." I cried, even tho he is my man, but I just don't like him.

"Yes he is man. Joshua's sexy, why don't you like claiming him?"

"Because. He just ugly and annoying."

"And so are you. You're an annoying ass bitch with some fat nose and long forehead looking like megamind but I still claim you as my best friend." Chinara said with some fat grin on her face. Why do I still talk to this girl.

"Move bitch." I said laughing

"IM SORRYYYYY IT WAS A JOKE!"

"Nah chat to me when I can no longer see the lace on your wig." I said pointing at her wig before turning the other direction. Joshua's sixth former friends began to walk towards me.

"Wys Niyah, you good?" They greeted me. "Jboogz treating you well, yeah?" Jboogz was Joshua's tag name. Some wet name ahlie.

"Ay I heard you and Jboogz jeeted again?"

"AY WHAT? SAY SWEAR?" Chinara shrieked making the whole corridor look at her stupid self. I screwed her. She knew it was cap.

"Don't deny it, you know it's true Niyah." Joshua laughed.

"Your flies open you knob" I replied causing Joshua to get embarrassed and his sixth form friends to laugh.

I swear this guy pissed me off. Not once did we ever jeet, but he always felt the need to tell everyone that we did all the time. Girls in the school started calling me a slag for jeeting him so many times, and this Joshua wanking bastard never told them the truth, that we'd never even touched each other. He just said it because it made him look good, and the whole school praises the nigga (he's the lengest in the school tbh), so they believed every word he said. That was just one of the reasons why I hated him.

Me and Chinara spoke to the sixth formers for a while before leaving. I wasn't bothered to try explain that me and Josh never fucked, I'd tried too many times however, no one apart from my friend group believed me. They'd still joke around about it from time to time tho

I was then met by my other best friends, Imani and Tiara. We all hugged and laughed before exiting the school gates, discussing the gossip happening in school when all of a sudden three baboons started running circles around us, looking like some dickheads.

"Ay Janiyah abeg help me!" Leon screamed, going behind me and using me as his shield from the two other boys, Manny and Donelle. 

"What did you do now?"

"I floored them in football and now they're pissed." A whole crowd of students circled around us, laughing and filming with their phones.

"AYE COME HERE" Donelle screamed whilst laughing. "YOU THINK YOU CAN FLOOR ME THEN GET AWAY WITH IT YOU MUG."

Donelle and Manny pushed me to the ground and put Leon in a head lock. Dickheads.

"Aye I'm sorry I'm sorry" Leon cried whilst laughing. All the student screamed with excitement.

We were the popular group of the school, Me, Chinara, Imani, Tiara, Donelle, Leon, Manny and Joshua. We were also quite bait in the area. It'd been since year 7 when we were all put in the same class, but due to our behaviour, we all had to be seperated. I loved these man tho, even tho I never told them. They were truly my second family and we never had any problems.

well...that's what I thought

————————

HEY AUTHOR HERE!!!

This is my first book and first chapter so if there's anything wrong with the story please let me know. And by the way, you don't actually meet the love interest until chapter 3. And the more you read the book, the more you learn about Janiyah.

ALSOOOOO, Janiyah is 16 in year 11 and like I want the love interest to be a bit older as he's Janiyah's older brothers friend and I want him to be a bit more mature. So do ym mind if the love interest is like 18 so there's a two year age gappp or nahhh bc Ik 16 and 18 is a bit of a sticky one.

Anyways please interact, byeeee