THIRTY SIX

Janiyah

"Niyah." I heard a voice say as someone tugged on my covers. I groaned. "Wagwan? What you doing here?" The voice continued. It was Jordan.

"Sleeping tf. Is this not my bed?" I asked yawning and opening my eyes.

"Fam it's 12 o' clock." Replied Jordan causing me to gasp and jump out of bed in panic. Jordan laughed at me like the lazy bum he is. I swear down im never staying on a call with those dickheads ever again. Tiredly, I tried to quickly get ready. I had some quick ass shower, brushed my teeth, put on my uniform and did my hair. I parted my hair in the middle before applying gel, brushing my hair and putting them into two high buns. Icl, I spent wayy to much time on my hair knowing I was late.

I was stressinggg, running around the house like a mad man. GCSEs were literally next month and I didn't want to waste any revision time I had, so waking up late was not acceptable.

"Fuck!" I yelled, as I struggled to put on my kickers, checking the bus times on my phone. "There's no bus coming in 20 minutes bro!"

Jordan laughed even louder. This guy was just standing there watching me struggle whilst chomping on cereal like he was some homeless gremlin.

"Jordan can you be useful for once in your life and drive me to school please!" I pleaded, tying my shoe laces. Jordan shook his head.

"Can't. Doctors said man can't drive till next month." He shrugged, milk dropping out of his mouth as he spoke. Some dirty boy. He was defo capping.

"Bun the doctors!" I cried. "It's just one drive. It ain't even that loooong."

"Aight, I'll take you after I finish my cereal, yeah?" He smiled. I nodded. I finally tied my shoes, sprayed myself because you always gotta be smelling gooood, put on my lip gloss and I was ready to go!

It had been a good 15 minutes, so tell me why Jordan was still in the exact same place, still eating his cereal and the bowl was more full than before. To make things worse, with each bite he took, he'd do it in slow motion and keep the spoon in his mouth for a good 10 seconds.

"Jordan you slow bum hurry tf up!" I yelled.

"Patience." He replied calmly. This guy will actually be the death of me.

"Fuck you! Thinking you can do whatever you want because you got stabbed. Watch what happens when I get home! Same thing that happened to Joshua is gonna happen to you!" I shouted before leaving the house, knowing that was gonna hit him hard. I laughed to myself as I ran to the bus stop scared to miss the next bus. However, luckily I arrived right on time. Just as I got to the bus stop, my bus pulled over. I let out an exhausted sigh before entering the bus and thanking the bus driver. I was truly that grateful.

The bus was pretty empty, so I walked up the stairs and tried to find a seat, when I was met by a group of girls all sat at the back of the bus, and one of them just had to be Mia. Swear down life actually hates me.

The girls were speaking loudly like they weren't in public, screaming to that IVD and Digga D song. Such a dirty song but it's so catchy (iykyk). The moment Mia had seen me, she gasped, making all the girls' focus shift to me. The music stopped immediately, as their eyes followed my every step as I walked over to a random seat a few seats in front of them and sat down.

I put my AirPods in to act occupied, however, I weren't listening to anything.

"Wait, swear that's Janiyah?" I heard a girl whisper from behind me. They all agreed. Ugh, great.

"No way Mari chose her. He can do wayy better!"

"Ahlie! Mari's too leng fam. I was expecting him to get with some like, older Instagram model, not some ghetto year 11 student." I heard a girl speak. The girls replied by laughing.