ELEVEN

Janiyah

Days passed and it was Christmas. Life was shit. Mari took my phone, and didn't allow me to leave my room when he was around. If he hated seeing me around, why tf did he kidnapp me. I was actually thinking about snaking on him and calling the police. That dickhead deserves to be in jail. And yk what was worse, I had to listen to him getting slops every single day. Everyday new girl, everyday slop slop slop. Ofc this guy was a fuck boy.

I'd just lie in bed all day. I even started drawing fam. Do yk how wet that is. I was out here drawing flowers and shit. Fucking flowers. Never thought I'd get so bored.

Mari left a bruise on my cheek. Some pig. Every time he entered my room, I'd screw him and give him the silent treatment, because I was scared that if I'd speak, he'd punch me. He never spoke to me tho, he'd just waddle in like some penguin, look at me then leave. His presence just pissed me off. Thinks he's the shit because he commits crimes on a daily. Fucking bitch.

I lied on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It was 8pm, and I was vexed. Spent all of Christmas sitting on a bed. Suddenly, Mari came in and sat on the bed.

"Your mum." He said handing me my phone. I brought the phone to my ear.

"Put it on speaker, yeah?"

"BABYY! You finally answered! Are you okay? I've been calling Jordan so that the two of you could come spend Christmas here with your cousins, but he hasn't been answering the phone. Is everything okay down there?" Mum spoke. I was happy to hear her voice.

"Uh- yeah! He broke his phone. And um... so did I, but I got it fixed as an uhhhh... Christmas present." I replied, staring at Mari. He nodded.

"Ahhh! Well merry Christmas my baby! May God bless you. Did you get any presents?"

"Ummmm. Well Chi got me a thingy. That like- some... like clothes. Bare nice and glittery. And Jordan got me a pig." Mari screwed me.

"A pig?" Mum asked. I was under pressure, I was looking at Mari so pig was just the first thing I could think of. I could've said anything, but I said a pig.

"A pig...necklace! Some ugly necklace man. I ain't wearing that shit." I saw Mari shake his head, smiling a little.

"Heyyy! What did I say about using that language around me!?" Mum laughed.

"Oh sorry mum! I miss you."

"I miss you too. Hope you haven't been getting in trouble at school!"

"Yeah. I've been so quiet in school nowadays. It's as if I'm not even there!"

"Blud." Mari began to speak before stopping himself.

"That's great!" Mum exclaimed. "Could you pass the phone to Jordan now? Haven't heard his voice in a while."

"Okay." I said passing the phone to Mari.

"Nah nigga wtf." He whispered, whilst I smirked at him.

"Jordan? Hello?" Mum spoke.

"Wtf do you think you're doing?" Mari whispered.

"Want me to tell her the truth?" I whispered back. Mari sighed.

"Uh...Yo." Mari said trying to sound more like Jordan.

"Jordan Bobo Afamefuna Akachukwu Wilson! Why haven't you been answering my calls!" Mum screamed. I saw as Mari eyes widened and a smile slowly formed on his lios.

I was so close to laughing, as I watched Mari slide his hand down his face, smiling bare. This was was my first time seeing him smile, and it was the cutest smile I'd ever seen. Cuter than Mikes. Yes he looked scary and dangerous, but when he smiled, he looked cute. He had perfect teeth and he also had dimples, however they weren't as visible due to his sideburns.

He ended the call before laughing bare loud, causing me to laugh as well.

"Man said Jordan Bobo ah cha cha chu chu Wilson!" He laughed, making me laugh even louder. His laugh was so leng. Yk them sexy laughs that you could listen to all day, yeah he had those ones. We laughed for like a whole 2 minutes before eventually calming down.

"Yo, Janiyah." He said panting heavily. "Just wanted to apologise init. For hitting you. Your a little kid, I shouldn't be putting my anger on you. I didn't mean to hit you that hard as well. Like I'm actually sorry fam. You can hit me back if you want."

I gasped. Did this nigga just...be nice? Nah I thought I was dreaming. I slowly smirked at him, then slapped him right across the face. The connection was beautiful. I know it must've hurt but he firmed it well.

"Aight cool, we good now?" He chuckled. I nodded

"Calm, but don't piss me off like that again." He sighed. "Anyways, yeah. Your boy, Jboogz, man snaked to the feds. Told them where we kept the weed and shit. Most of it was in Jordan's yard. Feds were about to raid the house init. That's why we took all the weed and took you. Jordans staying at Diggz's yard. And you're staying here." Mari explained. So Joshua was alive...

"They know you. They're out to get you."

"Who's they?" I asked.

He explained everything. I really appreciated it actually. And I actually managed to stay silent through out it all. Their rival gang knew I was Jordans sister and although I wasn't their main focus, If they saw me, they wouldn't hesitate to try take me for some odd reason. Why did I have to be sisters with this hood rat?

"This is why I had to drop you everywhere. Sometimes it was too risky tho. Your bare asking to go to bait places. But I felt bad, and I was busy, and your my bredrins sister, so I let you go to one party."

"You were busy, yeah?" I laughed. He stared at me.

"The opps must've seen you at the party or some shit, idek. Your darkskin friend called me, so me and the mandem went to the party, init. I was already vexed. I told you to come home at 12 and it was like 2:30."  He continued.

"Yeah, it won't happen again." I sighed.

"Good." He nodded.

"Icl yeah. If you just told me all this from the start, none of this would've happened."

"Nigga just be grateful I told you."

"Nah. You put me through all this shit when you could've just simply said from the moment I entered the house 'Look Janiyah, this is what happened.' Do you think I'm a snake? You think I'll just bait out what you say to everyone?" I yelled.

"So difficult." Mari said rolling his eyes. I calmed down a little. I clocked that I was being lowkey annoying, and I just had to appreciate that he told me.

"But thanks for telling me." I said, eventually smiling. "And I'm like sor- what I did was wrong. And I won't do it again."

"Man can't even say sorry fam."

"I said I won't do it again." I cried. Mari chuckled. It was silent for a while. A nice calming silence. He then stood up and took a bounty bar out of his pocket. He chucked it at me.

"Merry Christmas, yeah?"

"Really? Bounty?"

He kissed his teeth.

"Fine. Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too, Mari." He's lucky I don't hate bounty.