SIXTY TWO: The End Part 2

Several days had passed and still nothing was heard from Manny and Joshua. Although it worried the group, it allowed them to get closer with each other, constantly checking up on each other, and making sure everyone was okay.

The group went out regularly, going to parties and having fun to get their minds off the whole incident. They also constantly reminded each other that Joshua and Manny were gonna be okay despite them not being 100% sure.

Niyah had kept in touch with Joshua's mum and family, yet still hadn't revealed that she'd broken up with him. The guilt within her was always there even though she'd tried many ways to forget about the whole situation.

The only person that could get her mind off things was Mari. He was the only guy who could make her forget all her problems. She loved their time together.

They didn't know exactly what they were; whether they were lovers, in a situationship or just friends, however Mari didn't think that now was the right time to ask.

He hated Joshua, wanted him dead, but seeing the affect his stabbing had on Niyah made him push his anger for Joshua aside. The last thing he wanted to do was upset Niyah when she's already going through a lot.

Niyah had slept in after spending several hours on a call with Mari the night before. It was like 1pm when she woke up. Yawning, she stretched her arms and legs before picking up her phone, which was strangely flooded with thousands of messages, way more than usual.

Confused, Niyah began to look through her phone, where she saw a post on Snapchat from Donelle. She quickly tapped his story, and her eyes widened the moment she viewed it. Slowly, tears began to form in her eyes, as she reread the story in disbelief.

On the phone was a picture of Manny and Joshua together, with the caption;

"RIP to my bros💔🕊️ fly high #LLJ #LLM"

Niyah couldn't believe it, she refused to believe it. She quickly replied to his post as fast as possible, typing like there was no tomorrow. All the hope she had that they were alive had all been pointless?

It had to be a joke, she thought. 'Ur joking right😂' is what she sent to Donelle, her hands shaking as she typed. After sending that message; she began to look through the rest of her messages. Hundreds of people were sending her messages saying they were sorry for her loss and wishing her the best.

She aired them all. She didn't believe it, and unless the death was confirmed, she was planning to air literally everyone. Suddenly, Donelle replied to her text, Niyah immediately checking it.

Donellyyyy🤟🏽❤️❤️
Bmt it's true
His mum messaged me

Niyah stared at his messages, shaken a little, however she then began to chuckle.

his mum ain't messaged me.
she would tell me abt it if it was true
stop spreading false info...

Donellyyyy🤟🏽❤️
Niyah i wouldnt lie abt this shit
Ask his mum now

Niyah kissed her teeth, pissed. Joshuas mum loved her, and would definitely let Niyah be the first to know if he'd died. As Niyah went through her contacts, suddenly Joshua's mum began to call, and she quickly accepted.

"Ohhhh my gosh!" Sighed Niyah. "I was just about to call you. People are lying saying Joshua died and it's pissing me off like, we don't even know if-"

"Niyah." She interjected.

"Mhm."

"He's gone."