TWENTY SEVEN

Janiyah

For the first time in ages, I didn't know what to do. I'd almost just been killed, then a few moments later, I was kissing the man I "hated" the most. Then I'd just been told that one of my bestest friends had been snaking in me and that all happened in less than 24 hours and it had only been two days into the Easter break. My life should be a movie I swear down.

After Mari left, I began to strangely feel like shit. I never question my actions and I barely regret the things I do, but at this very rare time, I was regretting every single fucking thing I'd done. Why didn't I just listen to Mari? He knows what's happening in these ends, so why didn't I just listen from the start. Maybe our relationship would've been better.

What angers me most is that even tho he'd made me more mad than any other person on this earth, I felt my feelings for him becoming stronger. There's just something about Mari that's so addicting. It's so hard to explain.

I sat in the living room watching tv, when suddenly Mari ran into the house.

"Ay Niyah come." He looked mad.

I stood up. "Wagwan?"

"Hurry tf up!" He yelled. Bruh all I said was wagwan, why he shouting. I followed him as he ran into his car. I sat in the passenger seat and he zoomed off, driving extremely fast as usual.

"Is everything alright?" I asked politely, trying not to start an argument. He shook his head before driving even faster.

"Ugh bro can't you slow down what's the rush?!"

"It's Jordan fam!"

"What about him?" I asked. "Ahh shit he's probably mad that I didn't reply to his messages. So overprotective."

Mari kissed his teeth before shaking his head, his hands both gripped on the steering wheel.

"Then what? Is he chatting to some girl? Or maybe he's chatting to a younger! That's something he'd do." I laughed to myself. "He's so stup-"

The car zoomed extremely fast causing me to stop talking and hold on to my seat for safety. I screwed Mari. How do people deal with this guy sometimes.

"Nigga, calm the fuck down and drive like a normal-"

"Jordan got stabbed fam!" He yelled furiously.

"Huh?"

"He. Got. Stabbed."

What? My heart dropped as the words left his mouth and entered my ears. Jordan, my only brother, just got...stabbed?

I swear if my life couldn't get any fucking worse. What if my only brother was...yk, gone. Just like that. I hadn't even got to say goodbye. I hadn't even got to tell him I loved him. I don't even remember telling him I loved him. What if his last thoughts were whether I was safe or not, and my dumbass went to Mari's house, when I could've been with him.

I could've been with Jordan, at least before he got stabbed. I could've been with him, I could've saved him. I began to feel guilty again. This guilt was becoming too much. Everything I do is wrong bro.

"Oh..." I whispered to myself, attempting to stay calm. My mind was going mad. I just couldn't think. So much was happening in a small period of time and I didn't know how much more I could take. I just had to make sure I didn't cry. I didn't want to look weak.

We arrived at a hospital, where we were met by the nurses who directed us to the waiting room. Mari and I walked towards the room, my body shaking.

What if Jordan was on his death bed right now? What if I'm too late? What if he's already...gone?