FORTY NINE

Janiyah

Miss Daniels and I faced each other in her office during the bittersweet moment.

"I just wanted to say, I've never liked you, you're the most unfair and shittest teacher ever. Swear down, you're actually a prick! Some dickhead! No one rates you miss!" I yelled before running out the office.

Now you may be wondering why I'd actually said that...

WELL WE JUST FINISHED OUT LAST EVER EXAM BITCHES! MEANING I NEVER HAD TO EVER ENTER THIS SCHOOL AGAIN!

I was too gassed, but I eventually walked back into her office and hugged her. Miss Daniels hesitated before awkwardly hugging me back.

"Can't lie miss, I still don't rate you, but you've given me funny stories to tell my kids when I'm older, so thanks I guess." I spoke, still hugging her.

Miss Daniels startled before replying, "uh...you're welcome Janiyah." I then released her from my embrace and we stared at each other once more.

"And i must say..." she began, a tear beginning to form in her eye. "Although you were a pain, and I had to deal with your terrible behaviour for five years, with the constant exclusions and being sent to isolation, seeing you become the women you are today makes me so happy. I'm so proud of you, Janiyah, and I'm 2000 percent sure that you will get nothing below a 7 in any of your exams.."

"You're gonna go far in life. If you just keep working hard, focussing on your studies and not getting yourself into trouble, I believe you will achieve all your goals. You'll be our schools first millionaire! You're a great girl and you deserve it."

I blinked in Shock. That was the only nice thing she'd ever said to me since year 7. I genuinely didnt know how to react. All I could think was...what the fuck?

A tear then finally rolled down her cheek, as I gasped a little. No way was I making Miss Daniels cry. Quickly she wiped the tear away and gave me one more hug. It was actually kinda sweet. If she acted like this more, I would've actually been nice to her fam.

"Thanks miss, I'll try my best." I smiled. She nodded, as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Good luck." She smiled. That was so strange. Cute tho.

I then ran over to the reflection room. There he was, MR Ade, or what I liked to call him, Jerome. The teacher I told all my problems to since year 7, the teacher I loved with all my heart and soul. I actually felt a tear try escape once I saw him, but I took a deep breath.

(If you man don't remember him, u can check chapter 34)

"Niyahhhh mannnn!" Grinned Jerome as he opened his arms for me to hug him. I ran into his arms straight away.

"My favourite students going fam! Who's gonna entertain me with their school stories nowwww!" He whined as I giggled. He finally released me.

"Gonna miss you, little one." He sighed as he patted my head. I genuinely felt so bad, he was literally my school dad man.

"Sir can I get your number!?" I suddenly blurted out. "Pleaseee! I don't go to the school anymore, so it's fine!"

Jerome chuckled to himself. "Nahh man, can't be having little girls on my phone, are you mad!"

"I'm not even a little girl. I'm 16, you're 28. Only like 12 years. And it's not weird unless people make it weird!" I cried.

"It's calm g, I got your brothers number." He smiled as I jumped. I completely forgot him and my brother were cool. He joined the school when my brother was 16 in year 11.