FOUR

Janiyah

"Mari, everything good yeah?" Said one of the boys. Mari turned to me.

"Who tf is she?" He asked whilst gazing directly into my soul. He spoke in a calm and composed tone. I managed to stare back into his eyes. They were pierced on me like a blade. He stared at me, a confused expression on his face. We maintained eye contact for what seemed like forever.

Lighty began to speak. "Uh- uh- sh- she's Jordan's brother. Jenae?"

"Janiyah." I corrected him, my eyes still fixed on Mari. The tension in the room was palpable to me. Mari was feared by the boys. Although he appeared young, he was in charge and had power over everyone. I sensed Mari's gaze sweeping down my body, just like how the others had done it before. He paused at my hips, as the right of his lips slightly curled. Was he smiling? Jordan better sort out his disgusting friends.

"She's leng ahlie." Lighty spoke again, breaking the silence.

"Mikes just stfu now man."

"Fr blud now ain't the time."

I continued staring at Mari. I was determined to not break the eye contact first. However something else caught my attention. The gun that was hanging out from his tracksuit pocket, which made me go shook. I accepted my defeat as I stared at the gun. What was he doing with that, and why in this damn house? He eventually sighed and looked away.

"Ym let's go." He spoke. They all stood up, ready to leave.

"Wait where's Jordan?" Someone asked. They all turned to me. Jordan came out of the kitchen seconds later, his eyes widening when he clocked that Mari was in the room. Nigga is this not your boy why are you scared? They all rushed out the building. Leaving me alone in the house. Where did they even go? And why were they in such a hurry?

——————

"GIRL SO YOU TELLING ME THAT THE ONE AND ONLY MARI WAS IN YOUR HOUSE AND YOU HELD EYE CONTACTTT!" Tiara screamed at the lunch table. She was clearly excited. Bare jumping up and down on her seat.

"Abeg someone cover her mouth. Bare loud for what?" I said rolling my eyes. Chi put her in a head lock and covered her mouth.

Lunch had began and I was already in a bad mood, since I'd just had an argument last period with the school hoe, Mikayla. The bitch never left me alone and she was one of the many girls who loveeeeeeed Joshua, so obviously she had to start shit with me. I was just relieved that I didn't have to see her for the rest of the day.

"Why did ym even hold eye contact?" Imani asked.

"Fr is man tryna catch a case. Tell him to fuck off, tryna steal my wife" Chi kissed her teeth.

"I dunno. Think he was just tryna analyse me. Like read me or some shit."

"Wagwannnn" Manny sat at the table, followed by Leon and Donelle.

"Whys Tiara in a head lock." Leon laughed

"Niyah met Mari and Ti got a bit too gassed." Imani replied.

"Of course, like some beg. I should've cracked your oyster yesterday."

"MMM MMM MMM MMM MM" Tiara tried to talk, but due to Chi covering her mouth and having her in a headlock, she couldn't.

"Yo what's Mari saying thoo? Did he chat to you?" Donelle asked me whilst putting his arm over Imani. She blushed.

"Yeah he was bare asking for my snap."

Chi gasped. "Chineke?"

They all stared at me in shock. Tiara started getting a seizure the way her body started shaking bare, then she started spitting on Chi's hand causing Chi to finally let go of her.