FORTY ONE

Janiyah

"Where are we even going?" I asked as i looked through my wardrobe.

"How many times do I have to tell you, it's a surprise fam." Sighed Mari on the phone. I kissed my teeth, did this guy not say he was taking me restaurant so a waiter could hand me Fanta and I don't have to jump like some bunny for it at a corner shop? And now all of a sudden the place we were going was a surprise.

"But I need to know where we're going."

"But it's a fucking surprise, Niyah."

"But what if I wore a fucking dress and you were taking me hiking. It would be a fucking shambles!" I said, slightly raising my voice. It was Saturday, the day of the date and I was stressing because I'd picked out a perfect dress for the restaurant he clearly said he'd take me, but now I was unsure if we were even going to a restaurant.

"Why the fuck would I take you hiking?" Chuckled Mari.

"I don't know, because you're just weird like that." I responded. I could just tell he was screwing me.

"Aight calm. It's not hiking. So don't come wearing some meady boots with some fat fucking back pack or some shit." Ordered Mari.

"Okay. So what should I wear then?" I asked.

"Just come looking nice init."

"What's nice tho?"

"Anything you wear looks nice. Because you're in it." Said Mari soothingly, making me smile.

"Shut up with your cheesy bullshit!" I yelled as Mari laughed.

"Calm. I won't be nice to my girl then." Said Mari. I screwed the screen, ignoring the nice tingly feeling I'd gotten from when he said that.

"Excuse me? Who you calling your girl?" I asked, showing attitude.

"I'm calling you my girl."

"But I ain't your girl."

"Yes you are." Spoke Mari sternly. I giggled as the words went through the mic. Just hearing him say that made me so gassed.

"Since when was I your girl?" I tutted.

"Since always fam."

"Always, yeah? So even when you punched me across the face because I went to a party I was your girl?" I asked.

"Ay Niyah low it."

"Or all those times you didn't allow me outside, I was you girl during those times as well?"

"Okay okayyyy!" He sighed, laughing. "You've been my girl ever since I became your fucking Mario saving you like your princess peach or some shit." He continued as I began to laugh. As I thought about it, he was right. I was low-key like Princess Peach getting caught all the time, then Mari always has to come to save me.

"Awww omg Mari! I can call you Mario!" I smiled cheekily, as Mari kissed his teeth.

"Don't do that you dickhead." He laughed.

"Call me a dickhead one more time and I promise you I'm calling you Mario for the rest of your life." I threatened.

"I dare you, dickhead." Replied Mari. I nodded. He really thought I wouldn't do it lol.

"Sn Mario." I smiled. "Anyways, I'm not your girl so don't claim me."

"Niyah."

"Mario."

"You're my girl. You're mine." He spoke in a calm yet assertive tone in a deep voice. He sounded so damn sexy ugh.

"No I ain't. Bet you say that to all your hoes" I replied.