THIRTY NINE

Janiyah

"Donelle?" My form Tutor, Miss Bailey called out whilst doing the register.

"Present!" Donelle called back, causing the whole class to screw him.

"You thought that was funny init?" said Chi.

"That didn't bang, Donelle." Leon sighed.

"And it didn't bang the last 50 times you've done it as well." I added causing the people around me to laugh. Donelle put up his middle finger at me, but he didn't say anything because he knows I'm right lol.

"Imani?" Miss Bailey then called out. The room went silent, as she looked around, in search for Imani. "Where is she? She hasn't been in for a while." She then proceeded to say.

Everyone in the room then turned their heads to face Donelle and I. Why tf were they looking at meeeee? Miss Bailey then looked over at our direction.

"Janiyah?"

"Miss?"

"Where's Imani?" She asked. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Why the hell would I know?" I asked in an aggressive tone, as Miss jumped a little at the way I'd spoken. She opened her mouth about to speak, however she then stopped herself and continued with the register.

"Why didn't she say nothing, I was waiting for an argument mannn!" Whined Chi.

"Thank God she didn't. Miss Daniels has pissed me off enough this term with Imani." I whispered.

"Oh yeah!" Chi suddenly said jumping up. "My man wants to meet you lot next week. He said he would this week but he got bare detentions."

"You got yourself a bad boy noooo!" I sighed. Chi's way too good to be having a detention nigga. "What's his name anyways. I swear if he hurts you I'm actually gonna kill him. I actually mean it. I'll tell Mari to handle him."

"Mari? Oh yeah how are you two, haven't hear about you lot in a whi-"

"What's the niggas name." I interrupted. Cant be talking about Mari here!

"Fine." Chi laughed. "His names Josiah." She then smiled dreamily.

"Ewww, he really got you smiling and shit what's your problem chi."

"I knowwww! But he's so cute. I wanted to tell you bout him on Saturday but you weren't answering your phone like some A list celebrity. Like sorry you're too bait you can't reply to your own best friend! I see how it is." Spoke Chi sarcastically, giving me a dirty look. I laughed.

"I was just studyinggg!" I lied. Chi rolled her eyes. I think she didn't believe me, but she was too busy thinking about Josiah to care.

I then looked over at Tiara who was sitting next to Manny. They'd been bare close recently. Manny was whispering in her ear, whilst she was giggling like a little baby. She then gasped, causing Manny to clasp his hand over her mouth.

"Tiara keep your mouth shut for five minutes fam. Form ends in five minutes, you can do it!" Demanded Manny. Tiara slapped his hand off her.

"Please please please! She's gonna find out anyways!" She squealed, causing Manny to hold his hands over his face in dread.

"Why did I tell you fam..." he sighed.

"Pleaseeee Manny! Please just let me tell her!" She pleaded.

"Tell her what?" I asked, butting into the conversation.

"Nothing Niyah, mind your business. This is a couple issue, something you wouldn't know about since you're single and that." Manny replied smiling cheekily. Does he want a slap?