Chapter 36

" Now that all of you have heard the recording, it has become a serious problem coming inside our headquarter and killing one of our prime suspect and evidence who could have helped us." He sighed clenching his fist and started pacing around. Everyone in the room were tensed. This was not an easy thing to just get in a building high profile security building and killing one of our suspects.

 " I have called a crime scene investigator to look down in the basement to analyze the crime scene. And she is the best at her job so you all better do as she says answer whatever she asks. Understood." he said, all of us nodded. 

Before Aiden could say anything we heard the conference door room open all of us turned to look at the door.

Guys, believe me when I say my jaw dropped.

 I looked at Lydia, who was apparently too stunned to speak. I looked ahead at Diana, and she looked as if her soul had just left her body, her eyes as wide as buttons. I could have laughed at her expressions, but it was a serious moment in the room right now. 

I looked Diana in the eyes, as if she was wondering what the hell had happened, and I just shrugged. I turned to face Lydia, but she wasn't looking; she was staring at my soul and asking, "What the fuck is this?" I simply shrugged in response to her question. 

What the hell do they think I know about this?. 

"Everyone, please welcome Officer Sarah Anders, one of the best in her line of work," Aiden said, smiling broadly, while all I could think about was fucking wiping that smile off his face. 

"Sarah, this is Steve, Jack, Charles (Tech guy)," Aiden began, but Sarah cut him off, "Ohh and the rest of the girls, I know them very well, don't I?" she questioned looking at three of us. 

"She is Sira," she said, pointing at me, then at Lydia. "She is Lydia, my best friend," she said, glaring. "And now, last but not least, Diana, my lovely girlfriend who was attempting to hide her identity from me," Diana coughed loudly, and we could hear Aiden chuckle nervously. 

"Umm okay, let's go downstairs and not waste any time now, shall we?" he said, and everyone stood up and walked out when Sarah said something. "You three better prepare a fucking explanation for me, and Diana, you better be ready when I meet you at my house tonight," she said as she walked away leaving three of us in the room. Damn, she can be terrifying when she wants to be. 

................

Sarah and her team have gathered all of the evidence, and let me tell you, she is damn good at it. It was past 5 by now when everything was cleared up all the evidence were picked up and sent to lab we will get the details by tomorrow afternoon till then all we have to do is wait, wait and wait

I was sitting on the sofa in the lobby waiting for others when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I raised my head to meet Sarah's staring back at me. I coughed nervously, not expecting the woman to come and meet me instead of her best-friend or even her girlfriend. "Hey," I said, covering my mouth with my hand and wiping it off my jeans before moving forward and shaking hands with her.

 " Hello, Sira. How are you? So, how's school going? Oh wait, do you even go to school or what?" she questioned, her gaze fixed on me. "I know Sarah, you must have a lot of questions, and we can explain."

 "Yes, please explain why my best friend or girlfriend didn't say anything to me about this, huh."

 Before I could say something everyone was here and Lydia was standing beside her when Aiden called me with other's leaving Lydia and Sarah together. "Everyone listen up tomorrow is going to be a busy day we have a lot in our hands, by tomorrow there are chances we might catch some lead. So tomorrow morning sharp at 9:00, Understood." All of us nodded our head moved away. 

Me and Diana walked together towards our future wife's. 

"You are so dead cheekbone" I whispered to her and in response she nudged me in my stomach.

 "There you are my lovely girlfriend" said Sarah. Diana was smiling nervously beside Sarah. While I stood beside Lydia who had her arm around my waist and kissed the side of my forehead. "Guys let's talk at home, okay" said Lydia and all of us went towards our cars and drove to Lydia's house. 

....................

"Okay so let me get this straight there are some people who wants to kidnap or I mean capture Lydia because that fucking person own's her. And you guys are tryna find information or any evidence that can give us a clue as to why does he own her as that psycho claims. Correct" Sarah said. 

"Yes" I said.

 "Hmm and what about Derek" she asked and I looked at Lydia slowly nodding my head indicating that she should be the one to tell her about him because she is her best-friend. 

"Well I divorced him..." Sarah was going to interrupt her but I shaked my head for her to stop and listen. "He used to abuse me and he raped me. Sira got to know about this and so she sent him in Jail with the help of other's." 

"I am so sorry Lydia this happened to you, at least you could have talked to me about this. I could have helped you out sooner." said Sarah while hugging Lydia both of them had tears in their eyes.

 Awwww cute bestie moment. 

"The only thing I don't understand is why did all you hide this from me and you-" she pointed her index finger at Diana which made her jump on sofa a bit. She is scared of Sarah hahaha, well she should be cause when I say Sarah can be scary as fuck when she wants to be. "Why the hell did you not say anything about your job" 

"I was trying to protect you babe, fuck that we were trying to protect you and how come you never said anything about your job that you are a crime scene investigation huh."

 "That's because none of you asked me what job I do, of course I would have said what I do if you would have asked me." Well thats true no one asked her what she did.

 "Well now that everything is out can we please eat something Mr Gasto here is hungry and killing me with stomach ache"

 "True Sira, Mickey is also irritating me, I think Mickey wants some Pasta with red wine. Right Mickey." She asked looking at her stomach, and in return it grumbled as an answer to her question. 

"Diana as your punishment you should please Mr Mickey by ordering food for him. Now go don't waste time." she said and Diana stood up walking towards her kissing her lips and pecking her forehead too and walked away to order food. 

I looked down at Mr Gasto and looked up at Lydia who was looking at me. I showed her my puppy dog eyes. 

"Aghhhhh. Okay what is Mr Gasto feeling like to eat today" 

"Yyayyy" I jumped up happily and hugged her tightly hearing everyone in the room laugh. "I think Gasto wants some pizza with and any drink you prefer."

 "Your wish is my command" she said and pecked my lips and walked in the kitchen to order food. 

This is life. Surrounded by loved ones.