Chapter 52

Sira POV

"What the actual Fuck" Jacob thought out loud.

"WHAT?" Lydia and I both exclaimed as we turned to face Aiden.

 "Wait, please, I'm lost, How?" Sarah, too, questioned gazing at Aiden. Aiden stood up straight, as if being probed, while Lila held his hands in hers, comforting him, because Aiden's parents were a touchy topic to him. He gave a faint, uncomfortable giggle. 

Okay, I'm sorry, what's with everyone giggling when discussing their pasts?

"Well, I was at home waiting for them to arrive since it was becoming late and it had been a habit for them to tuck me into bed. So when they came in, I asked them why they were late. They didn't respond and said they'd inform me when the time was right. After a few days, I questioned them again, and they informed me they spotted a tiny girl younger than me, approximately 12, and I was around 14. They said they helped her by moving her to an orphanage for a better life. When I questioned how she was, they didn't elaborate, only saying she was OK and that they would see her every weekend." he let out a deep sigh.

"When I questioned why we couldn't just bring her home, they simply stated that we were facing financial difficulties and that adopting her would make them feel bad for not providing both of us with a happy life as they desired. So they used to go visit her every weekend, and when they got home, they informed me about how she was doing in school and what she enjoyed doing at her free time. It's as if she became a member of our family while not living with us. At one point, I had the feeling that I am an elder brother," he chuckled.

 "After they died in the car accident, I thought about little girl as in you, and contemplated visiting you, but I just knew your name and nothing else." Looking at Lydia, he murmured.

"My parents always told me that when the time comes, they would take me to see her and that I should act, play, and protect her as if she were my little sister, the one I had always wished for. They talked about you in such a manner that I felt delighted thinking about the things we would do together when you come to live with us. My parents were drawn to you since I had a younger sister who died from a brain tumor before they met you. She was just three years old. And it was her one-year death anniversary when they were walking that night, which is why one day they promised me that one day they would bring her to our house for her to live with us, but they couldn't." 

"I'm sorry Lydia, I didn't come and see you or try to contact you in any way," he said, looking up at Lydia. Lydia rose from my lap and knelt in front of him.

"It's okay; don't worry. This is not your fault. To be honest, I was a little upset that they were the ones who stopped by every day, giving me gifts and treating me like their own daughter, and even insisted that I refer to them as Mom and Dad. And one day they didn't visit, which I assumed was because they were busy, but it lasted for weeks until I had to realize that they were bored or uninterested in spending time with me. It hurt to think that after a while, everyone abandons me and becomes bored of me since, when my mother died, they were the only ones who offered me the affection that my parents used to give me before my mother died." she said while tears falling down on her cheeks.

"But look at the bright side, we met, and you somewhat saved me from being in a hell hole too, right?" she replied, smiling slightly. 

"Hey, I saved you too," I whined. Everyone laughed when I said that. 

"Yes, sira, how can I forget my knight in shining armour" she said as walking towards me and sat on my lap, placing her arms around my neck and drawing me closer to her.

I closed my eyes and put my head on her shoulder, enjoying her fragrance. "Okay guys, dinner time," Sarah said loudly, making everyone jump. "What should we eat for dinner, guys?"

 "Why not order some pizza, Sira? Let's order pizza and watch a movie "Redhead stated. 

"Shut up, redhead, I'm not in the mood for pizza, so let's eat pasta instead." I said as I lifted my head from her shoulder. Lydia tilted her head and stared at me strangely, as did the others. 

"What?" I said, annoyed, even though I knew why they were all staring at me. 

"Okay, then we'll have spaghetti. Phew, I now have two younger sisters. It's fantastic to be an older brother. Now I get to bully both of you. WOW" he said standing up

"Whoa, who said you'd bully me?" Lydia stood up, resting her palm on her hip and raising her brow.

"Hey, What about me?" I asked her why is she not defending me too.

"Sorry, darling, you'll have to battle him on your own," She said and I sat on the sofa, crossed my arms, pouted, and gazed at both of them. 

 "Godd Sira. Don't do the pouting thing right now," She said, I showed my puppy eyes now.

 "Damn you guys, she looks like an adorable youngster with those pouty lips and puppy eyes, how can you say no to her?" Aaron said. 

"All right, Steve, cook spaghetti while Diana goes out and gets beverages for everyone and the rest of you pick on a movie to watch and bring out cushions and blankets. It's Family Movie time," Aiden said happily. Too much joy.

 "I want coke, not whiskey," I murmured again, and Diana smacked me on the head. 

"Ouch, abuser," I said to her. 

"Teacher fucker," she retorted. 

Lydia gasped, "Hey," and Aiden grumbled, "I'm dealing with kids." He raised his head and pointed at everyone. "All of you children. Godd" Everyone laughed, despite the fact that he was still smiling.