Chapter 49

Our conversation was cut short when a nurse arrived with her meal, accompanied by a doctor. "How do you feel about waking up, Miss?"

"Fresh." The doctor chuckled at her response.

The doctor approached her to check her heart rate. "I'll perform the standard check up and then leave," he said, and she nodded in response. 

After checking on Lydia for 10 minutes and asking questions about her pain, he and the nurse left, leaving food and medicine for her to consume.

I assisted her in sitting back straight so she could eat her food easily, and I sat next her to help her in eating her dinner. Soup and salad it was. 

I would never allow Mr Gasto eat this terrible food. 

Lydia stopped me from feeding her by holding my hand. I stared at her, assuming she was in pain or something, but she wasn't. "Sira, why aren't you eating your food? I mean, it's your personal favorite. Pizza without pineapples?" she said, her gaze fixed on mine.

Oh, the question I wish she hadn't asked; how do I tell her that, to be honest, I'm terrified of eating pizza? Yes, I am. What if nothing is ended and something is mixed in it, and I fall asleep again, and she is taken away from me, and I am not awake to protect her? I mean, it all started with pizza and me falling asleep, and now I'm afraid to eat pizza and fall asleep. It frightens me much. 

"No, I mean I'm not hungry. I'm thinking of ordering a sandwich or fries for myself." I said. Everyone looked at me with a shocked expression on their face.

I mean, me refusing to eat pizza was like to Donald admitting to himself that he is an utter moron.

Which is true.

"Sira" she turned to see other's.

"I mean, what the bloody hell did you do to her, guys?" she said, wanting answers. I let out a quiet chuckle as a result.

"It's pizza, Sira," she says.

"but I'm not in the mood to eat it, so yea. Wait here, let me go grab a sandwich, I'll be right back," I said as I stood up and walked towards the door. 

Phew that was a close one. I don't want everyone feeling sorry for me.

Lydia POV

"Okay spill everything right now. What happen to her" I demanded to them.

Seeing my girl being upset and not having Pizza is not something everyone who love her should ignore it. That shit is something serious.

"What do you mean Lydia" Sarah questioned.

"I mean is that, that girl not having pizza. PIZZA. Is something serious, I mean very serious. Something is wrong with her I can tell, and she isn't saying. Do you think maybe she got freaked out of my dream or whatever I saw of us having a family" I questioned.

"No, Lydia. I don't believe Sira freaked out over it at all. She is dead set on marrying you and starting a family with you. That, I don't believe, is the issue." Lila stated.

"So, what might it be?" I asked, confused myself.

Sira entered the room before we could continue our chat, and we all looked at her with a strange tension in the air, as if we had been caught doing something illegal. "What happened?" she said, as if she could sense it.

Aiden cleared his throat in order to draw her attention to him. "Nothing, we were just updating Lydia about how we located her and everything," he waved his hand.

"Ohhh," she murmured and whispered.

"Yeah, then you came in when he was about to explain everything to me and why Richard did this." I raised my face to meet his since I was curious as to why he did this.

"So, to make a long story short, Sira had put cameras in your home while she was keeping tabs on you while you were married. Then, as the two of you were together, she removed out cameras, except for one that she hid in the doorway. Tanya recognized a tattoo on one of the males in the footage. The next day at school, she noticed the identical tattoo on janitor Charlie."

I arched an eyebrow at Sira, and she simply nodded as she sat alongside me. The Janitor and the PE teacher.

"Tanya alerted us, and we captured him, investigated him, and discovered your locations, and yea, here we are," he said.

That was........epic? Well don't know what to say, Oh, I wait I know.

"One question," I murmured.

"Why Me?" Aiden's gaze softened slightly before shifting to Sira. Sira sighed deeply and adjusted herself to look at me. 

Okay what's going on?

"You know, all of you are terrifying me." I laughed uncomfortably.

"Lydia, I'm sorry, but when doing a thorough investigation and interrogating Charlie, we discovered your father, and he is the reason they were chasing you."

Okay, this should be a prank.

Right. My Father.

12 years later. What Has Changed?

"You're kidding, right?" I tried to lighten the situation, but it didn't work. Panic began to rise in my body after hearing about him; he was the source of my constant threat. Even though I believed he was gone, he is still a part of my life. Oh my goodness. Hands began to shake, and my eyes began to water.

My mind was flashing me, reminding me of my horrible childhood in seconds. Everything started flashing, his men buddies coming over and taking advantage of me, me begging for help with no one there to save me, and him drunk beating me.

"Lydia, Lydia, Lydia, look at me. Take a deep breath, one." I could sense everybody around me trying to think of ways to help me in the corner of my eyes as I heard Sira speak. But I couldn't think of anything.

"Dammit," she muttered before taking my face in her palms and making direct eye contact with hers.

"Breathe, Okay," she said quietly. "Take deep breaths......Inhale......Exhale," I nodded. "That's great," she responded.

My Father is the reason, I got Kidnapped was the only thing in mind before I went back into deep sleep.