Chapter 46

Why is life so excruciatingly painful? For every delight I experience in life, I will receive a sadness as a buy one get one free offer. I was pacing outside OT, waiting for the surgeons to come out and tell me both the good and terrible news. Because that is how it should be in life. I'm not sure what to think right now, other from hearing all the sounds around me: nurses attending to other patients, doctors walking around with sthetescopes around their necks inspecting their normal patients.

Sarah's head was resting on Diana's shoulder, her eyes red and swollen. I don't blame her for what condition she is in currently, she's her closest friend. Aiden, Redhead, Techy, and Aaron stood there, expressionless. Blonde and Jacob are seated together. I could see the exhaustion in everyone's eyes. And me, well, I just couldn't concentrate on anything. One minute she was laughing with me, the next second she was being dragged away by medics.

As I turned around to walk the other side, I was stopped by Lila and Tanya. "Sira here drink coffee; you need something to go down your throat to give you energy," Tanya explained. I nodded and said a thank you.

I glanced up at them and asked for comfort. "Do---Do you ughhh?" I looked down to keep my tears from falling and then up again. "Do you think she will be okay?" I choked out.

"She will be OK." Sira, she will wake up, be discharged from this hospital, and then return home. To you, and to our family. Understood." I nodded and walked out to get some fresh air.

..................

Lila POV

I stood there, watching my closest friend walk out of the hospital. It just aches my heart to see her in this state. I left Tanya and walked to the nearest door, opened it, and saw it was a store room, then closed it. To think with a clear mind. 

What shall I do, what shall I do? How do I comfort her? 

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't hear anybody entering until I caught a breath of his fragrance and felt his hand on my shoulder. I turn to face him, tears threatening to flow from my eyes. I cried as I fell into his arms.

"I'm at a blank on what to do, Aiden. I don't know what to do; she's upset and won't say anything to me. She is suffering alone, and I am unable to help. Aiden, I fe—feel helpless." I gripped him firmly, seeking consolation in his hugs.

"Hey hey, shh, shh," he murmured, clutching my cheek and forcing me to look at him. "Lydia is going to be OK. Sira will be happier, and everyone will be pleased. There are no ifs and buts in this situation. She will be okay. When Lydia is well, everything and everyone will be OK." 

I nodded and grabbed him even tighter.

"I think we need to go out now babe everyone must be waiting for us." he said and I nodded with a small smile plastered on my face hearing him calling me babe. 

Me and Aiden just hit it off when he dropped Jacob, Aaron, Tanya and Me to our respective houses when we heard the news of Sira's parents death and the call from him.

Yes, that long, but we haven't informed anyone about us. We were waiting for things to be okay before informing everyone about us. He kissed my lips one more time before we exited the room, he trailing after me. I strolled over to where everyone was waiting, but all I saw were Jacob and Steve sitting hand in hand.

I furrowed my brows at them, and Jacob simply shrugged. I was about to sit down when we heard the door open and a nurse emerge. We all walked up to the nurse. I crossed my fingers in the hopes of receiving good news. The nurse removed her mask to deliver the news that we all wanted to hear.

"She's OK and out of harm's way. She'll be sleeping for hours because of the medication, but you may all wait for her in her room." she remarked as she walked back inside the house. I'm guessing to move Lydia in a room.

I yelled with joy that she was OK. Oh my goodness. With a large smile on my face, I spun around and leaped into Aiden's arms. "She's alright, Aiden, everything will be fine now," I said quietly. I could feel him squeezing me strongly as well. Tanya, Aaron, Sarah, and Diana were walking over us with snacks in their hands when I peered over his shoulder.

Aiden's grasp on me loosened and he turned towards them, his hands curled around my waist. I suppose it's time to talk out our relationship. "She's good guys, Lydia's fine and out of danger," I told them, and their faces lit up, but they then furrowed their brows at me and looked at Aiden's hand around my waist.

"Umm, it's a long story," I answered hesitantly, hastily diverting their attention to Jacob. "However, I notice someone else hiding their relationship as well huh"

 "Hey, Lila, you can't do that," he grumbled. Steve laughed and kissed his forehead as a response. 

"You guys go, and I'll tell Sira the wonderful news."