I think my boss likes me!

Dan Smith

You know what I mostly hate about alphas? They think that they are superior, and can get whatever they want. And what I hate about omegas? They can actually get whatever they want. What about me a beta? I work hard to survive their environment, but still live with agony.

I was born and raised in the countryside, mostly betas who lived there. Fresh air, vast areas of nothing but green landscapes. Easy, simple and quite life, but what did I do after enrolling in college in the capital? I chose to stay! I chose to stay after graduation. Stressful jobs, overcrowding places, traffic jams, noises, noises, but the worst thing is.. intoxicating pheromones!

Everyday as I walk down the street to go to my job, I suffocate. Those creatures don't have the manners to contain themselves.

As any other human beings, betas can detect pheromones lightly, not reacting but if an alpha attacks them with pheromones, their body will respond in fear.

As a beta myself, I don't have the glands to secrete pheromones, so what I do.. I only get bothered by pheromones.

Why did I chose to stay here? I don't remember the reason anymore. It's been five years, I don't even remember what my dreams were.

I wake up every day at six in the morning, and leave my apartment to work before seven, I take few buses on a journey taking about hour of my time before I reach my destination, the company I work for.

I work for a branch belonging to the main Mixes company, my branch is a three story building filled with employees. I chose this job for a sole reason, Good salary, I work behind desk there, I get to sit for eight hours on a chair and get my ass numb, it's easy. Customer services is the best and worst job at the same time.

———

I stood before the building, my fellow employees enter the building through revolving door. People passing and I stand and wait for my good personality to take the wheel. But there was something bothering me, I kept getting this feeling like someone is watching me, piercing their gaze through the back of my neck.

I touched my neck and turned around. My eyes fell on the board chest of somebody, so close. I look up, oh damn it.

"Good morning."

Max Keen. The big boss of this whole building and this whole branch, the one who one time shouted at me in the hallway shoving me to the ground and spreading his nasty pheromones. And the same one who keeps his eyes on me whenever he sees me, is smiling and greeting me. That lunatic.

"Good morning boss."

I say and walk away heading to the revolving door, I enter and run to the stairs, this way I won't have the chance to bump into him waiting for elevator. His office is in the third floor while my department is in the first, he won't take the stairs.

Why the heck did he stand behind me like that? I don't know why, but I feel uneasy around him. Apart from being the big boss, he is an alpha, a huge one. I hate them.

I started working for this company six months ago, and I didn't see the president much often, but some time around three months ago, he started to appear out of nowhere around me in the company, trying to make small talks with me, always happy and smiling like there is nothing in his mind, but for me.. I still remember the time when he shouted and released his pheromones. I nearly puked, I don't like him.

I sat on my chair and started the computer.

My desk mate sat next to me.

"I saw you and the mr. Keen talking. Did he confess?"

I look at her and stares at her nose, it's obvious she had a nose job , why she keeps denying that?

"Well good morning Naz." Then I pause and recall what she said. "Confess what?"

"His feelings?"

"What feeling?"

"That he likes you?!"

"I'm a beta."

"So?"

"He is an alpha."

"So?"

I ignore her and go back facing my computer.

The idea of my alpha boss liking me crossed my mind once, but I don't think that's the case.. he can't really like a beta, unless he thinks I'm an omega.. I'm an omega? Is that what he thinks?

I keep my head buried in the computer for hours, taking calls from customers and telling them about what they need, these stupid people, this time a customer called asking about his account serial number, I searched his name for fifteen minutes but couldn't find his account, turned out, he didn't spell his name right, his FUCKING NAME.

My ass started to ache, I'm not fond of this feeling but that's what I signed for.

The section chief threw an envelope on my desk.

"Take it to mr. Keen"

"Why me?"

"I don't know.."

What? He doesn't know? What do you mean by don't know? I take the envelope and walk my way to the elevator, at least I get to make the tingling sensation in my butt disappear on my way up.

As I leave the elevator I see the president's secretary Mark walking out of the president's office and I seize the chance.

"I'm here to hand an envelope to the president, here it is.."

I try to give it to his secretary, he looks at me and makes an apologizing expression on his face.

He opens the office's door and tells me to go there, as soon as I enter, he shuts the door behind me.

Great!

I look at mr. Keen sitting on a sofa. Wait his office is huge!

But now it's only me and him.

Mr. Keen didn't notice me, pretty much busy scrolling through his phone. Oh great, now I'm taking away his spare time.

I stare at him. Mr. Keen is handsome, everybody says that, but now I see it. Even though it hurts my pride as a man too, but he is one of finest men I saw. I stared.

"Why are you standing there? Checking me out?"

The president said without lifting his gaze from the phone. I panicked!

"Sir." I decided not to panic, "the envelope.."

"Oh yes, come sit." He pat on the space of the sofa next to him.

I hand him the envelope and sit.

"How is working for us so far? Are you having any trouble?"

"No." I shake my head, why is he asking me?

"How old are you?"

"26"

"A girlfriend, maybe a boyfriend."

I shake my head, no! No?! What is this question?! Boyfriend? I'm as straight as a ruler.

"I'm a beta."

"Wha- oh, yeah I know."

"You do?"

"Yes."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Why did I say that, why did I tell him that.

"Why are you telling me that?"

I don't know? Maybe because I thought you like me, fuck Naz, I'm gonna kill her.

Something about his preying eyes made me want to hide myself, I'm not afraid but I'm not brave either.

His phone rang. Oh god a life saver.

He picks his phone in annoyance and I stand and walk outside as fast as I can, without looking back. How embarrassing.

I want to quit already.

Yayy my third book.
It would be so kind of you to vote for this chapter 👉👈
Thank you.