Dinner and Wine

Dan

At college I was a happy kid, excited to live the college life, Sam was the opposite.

I met him in the dormitory, we were roommates, I majored in Computer programming, and he in lectures. We didn't see each other much at college, but we still slept in the same room so we became close. After graduation we decided to continue living in the capital, so we became roommates once again.

Living in the capital is so expensive, both of us couldn't find a job that matched our education, experience is required when we are not alphas. We worked as waitresses, cashiers, chauffeurs, delivered food and every job we could find, we didn't have much money back then, and we moved between apartments often.

Until I found my first desk job that paid well, and Sam got to publish his first book "Betas" even if under a pen name, still it didn't get the success it deserves, and Sam didn't make a lot of money, he got depressed, but by that time, we passed the hard part of life.

Then I moved to a new apartment with my ex-girlfriend after that, but when we broke up, I came back to be flatmates with Sam once again.

Sam is my best friend, the one I go to to tell every little stupid detail about my life.

———

"What boss?" Sam asked me rolling on the ground.

"A girl was standing outside the apartment asking about you. Is she a beta?"

"What boss?"

I went to the kitchen and got him a glass of water, he sat on the couch and took the glass.

"No, she is an omega, that's why I blocked her, it was supposed to be a one night stand."

"You need to get a real girlfriend."

"Look at me, I'm a mess."

He pointed at himself with both of his hands while the glass was still in the grip of one of them.

His puffy eyes, messy hair and wrinkled clothes didn't have the biggest effect unless the unshaven beard and hair, it made him look pathetic like a homeless. He is a mess.

"What boss?" The third time he asked.

"The president."

"You're going?"

"Tomorrow, I have too."

"No, you don't. It's a dinner not a lunch, didn't he attack you with pheromones months ago?"

I ignore him and go to my room.

Well he did attack, I still don't know the reason why he was mad that time, I merely brushed against him while walking, and he made a fuss. My colleagues still make fun of me over that.

Maybe I can ask him why over dinner.

Dinner?

I'm really having a dinner with him.

The Mix company is one of the most powerful in our country, got an iron grip on many fields and industries. It belongs to mr. Keen's family, his grandfather is the founder, while his dad and uncles are the successors along him and his cousins. It's terrifying the power of money, he is young to be a president of a branch, but he is a heir, one day he'll have more that that. It's really odd thinking about that, that famous rich person and me are having dinner tomorrow.

————

The next day I worked under pressure, not from work itself, but the fact I'm going to have dinner with mr. Keen.

When are we going to have dinner again? When is the best time to have dinner even? 6 p.m or 8 p.m? I didn't ask about the time. So when I finished work at 3 p.m, I started wondering if I should go back to my apartment.