Polaroid

Dan

I stayed in bed after waking up. Max was still asleep so I stayed in the same position I woke up to, not to wake him up. My arm around his torso and my head on his shoulder. Feeling his chest rise and fall peacefully. Listening to the sound of him breathing.

I thought I would fall asleep again easily but the sunlight forcing its way through the curtains made it impossible.

But I wasn't bothered at all. I could stay still like that for a long time without being bored.

That's till the screaming of Sam and Jasper invaded our privacy. Hearing them argue as they passed by our room.

Max opened his eyes and I closed them for him with my hand. "Go back to sleep."

"Okay."

He lazily said before turning to hug me. Now I can't move even when I really wanted to use the bathroom.

"Go back to sleep without me."

I said before pushing him to the other side, throwing the cover over his head and leaving the room.

'I like this life.'

That was all of what I thought about showering.

Taking a shower in the morning after waking up not to the sound of alarm but because I slept enough hours is a bless. Not having to worry about work is another bless. And being on a holiday trip is the cherry on top.

I smiled and giggled under the shower. Seriously thinking of going to kiss Max cheeks for making all of that possible.

At kitchen Sam and Jasper were eating omelette, I joined making tea. It was a better option to have breakfast outside but Sam had the desire to make a homemade omelette.

"Whar are we going to do today?"

I asked as I sat next to them with the hot cup of tea in my hand. But they got up instantly with intention to leave.

"Hey-"

"We're going to the beach first. If you both don't join later then we'll meet at night."

Jasper said and Sam agreed.

"You should enjoy some time alone, birthday boy."

I didn't say anything watching them leave. birthday he said. I keep forgetting which day is my birthday.

I sip on the tea silently thinking of my birthday.

"Good morning."

Max who came to drink water greeted, making me jump in my place. He was shirtless, wearing only shorts. His hair wet and the towel over his head didn't do the job, drops of water falling down his chest.

"Oh, you showered!"

He pulled a chair next to mine and sat beside me.

"You know, on this island they say bless your body for someone who just got out of shower."

He said as he pulled me to his lap effortlessly. Hugging me to his chest.

"Huh?" I only uttered before being pulled into a kiss. Tasting the minty flavor of his toothpaste.

I wanted to ask if he tasted the tea I just drank from the kiss but I figured it'll ruin the mood.

————

We had our breakfast in an open cafe. I sat in front of him where I can notice all the eyes looking at him, either admiring or taking few glances to make sure whom they are looking at. He wore sunglasses but it didn't hide much of his charm.